Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210655 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

Has no one tried to make a call to Remington / Para yet?

I would call, but I don't have a problem that needs fixing, which would seem to make me an odd person to do it.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline hjs157

Has no one tried to make a call to Remington / Para yet?

I would call, but I don't have a problem that needs fixing, which would seem to make me an odd person to do it.

I've been calling periodically.  As recently as this afternoon, the number (855) 774-0012 answers to the same pre-recorded message. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 06:20:45 PM by hjs157 »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

My point is, I would try to find a working number for Remington.  Surety they have phones somewhere that they answer.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master

My point is, I would try to find a working number for Remington.  Surety they have phones somewhere that they answer.

I did a month ago and the guy wouldn't tell me anything.  At that time he didn't know they had purchased Rohrbaugh.  It was one of the Para service departments numbers. 

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
A guy on the Seecamp Forum who lives in the area by the Para Shop stopped in one day and asked when the Rohrbaugh production was going to begin as he was in the market for a R9.

No one knew anything about the move and by the looks on their faces, he said he believed them.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
I can assure everyone that there are at least some folks at Para who know about Rohrbaugh. I was fortunate to be able to meet up with Eric R as he was driving through VA on his way to NC to train up some of the Para technicians to get them ready to support warranty repair work. He also called me when he got back to NYC and told me that folks would be in good hands with the Para techs as they picked up the nuances of the R9 very quickly.  Eric R did not drive from NYC to NC for fun so I am confident that there are people at Para who know exactly what is going on with Rohrabugh. Sometimes taking your time to make sure you can do something correctly is better than rushing into something - that is what I hope the case is with Para and Rohrbaugh and we just need to be patient.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Blue is correct. If this alleged visit occurred less than three weeks ago, it would seem hard to believe, or the employees may have been told not to discuss it.  If more than 3 weeks ago, that could be true.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
The gentleman from the Seecamp Forum was there more than three weeks ago, but it was after it was "unofficially-announced" here.

No matter what, it is a very, very strange acquisition.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
I just called Para's 704-930-7600 number and chose Option 2 (to place an order- a good way to ensure you talk with a human). I figured that I would try to order some springs. I spoke with a man named Doug who seemed like he was familiar with Roharbaugh but said something to the effect of since no announcements have been made and they do not have any parts inventory he couldn't help. I asked about a time frame and his exact words were: it will probably be a very long time :(

Maybe we can organize a group buy with Wolf? Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
I just called Wolff to inquire about a group buy for the R9 springs. He said a group buy would not be necessary as they are planning to start offering all of the R9 springs directly to the public within the next 30 days. He said to check under the New Products link:

http://www.gunsprings.com/New%20Products/cID6

This is good news for everyone with functional pistols at least.

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Wolff is a very good outfit.  They still put out recoil, magazine, and firing pin springs for the Auto Mags after they have been out of business for 35 years.

TFG can't seem to get their act together.  That's too bad.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert

The more I see, the more the 1911s, and PPKs appeal to me. I am sick of Jam-a-matics, and ammo sensitive guns. I am carrying a Seecamp 32, and mine will run great on $1.75 a bullet Gold Dots. My Browning HP will 'Lift her skirt' and dance with anything from Tula crap to Corbon. I got an LC9, and she is 'Butt Ugly' plastic, but it doesn't jam, and will eat anything.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Wolff Spring to make R9 recoil springs !
« Reply #342 on: June 11, 2014, 08:41:42 PM »
That is great news, I am going to buy a dozen springs :)

Offline Svarog

I just called Wolff to inquire about a group buy for the R9 springs. He said a group buy would not be necessary as they are planning to start offering all of the R9 springs directly to the public within the next 30 days. He said to check under the New Products link:

http://www.gunsprings.com/New%20Products/cID6

This is good news for everyone with functional pistols at least.

-Ryan
Ryan thank you for your time that you spent in trying to find a information about R9. I really do appreciate it ,thank you.
As far as wolf springs I really hope that they will start make those springs for the R9. 

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Springs
« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2014, 12:33:45 PM »
Right after I had read on this forum that Wolff wasn't offering springs, I saw an add on the High Road from Century Spring Corporation, I was trying to think if this could have been generated from my browsing, but I don't see how it could have been since I wasn't searching for or browsing springs.

I think Century just bought space on the High Road forum, as near as I can tell.

But anyway I called them to inquire about Rohrbaugh recoil springs and it was just a mess.  They couldn't tell me if they had them in stock or even if they made them or not, I tried to inquire about doing a group buy but the sales rep I was dealing with made it too much of a chore and I gave up.

I'm glad Wolff is making them.