Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210657 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & A FRESH PERSPECTIVE 😉
« Reply #375 on: August 22, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
Nope.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #376 on: August 22, 2014, 05:39:36 PM »
A glimmer of hope perhaps.

Sounds like the glimmer is flickering.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #377 on: August 22, 2014, 07:47:00 PM »

"The Shadow knows."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:33:02 PM by tracker »

Offline pjames32

« Reply #378 on: August 26, 2014, 11:17:53 PM »
My first day on this forum!
FIRST:DDGator-you have my utmost sympathy and support.
Bob Smith-At page 1, I was going to PM you about your $1,000 R9. After page 26 I'm thinking I'll look for an alternative, altho I don't think there is one.
For now I'll live with my .380 LCP with its bad trigger and no lock back on empty.
I learned a lot in 26 pages on just this thread. I have looked at some others.
I was not looking for a collector pistol. I just wanted a reliable pocket pistol in 9MM.
I'll look again at the Solo, altho it is bigger than I want.
Again DDGator-thanks for moderating what appears to be an angry group.
I hope good things happen with Remington/Para.
I own an early (Canada) Para P-14 that has been a workhorse.
PJames32

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & A FRESH PERSPECTIVE
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2014, 09:46:36 AM »
Again DDGator-thanks for moderating what appears to be an angry group.

I don't think the group is angry, per se...  Certain individuals got caught at exactly the wrong time -- buying a gun that needs some service and not being able to get it because of the ownership change.

Many of rest of us were largely hopeful that this would mean good things for lovers of the R-9.   The deafening silience that has set in since the transition, however, has been somewhat disturbing. 
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2014, 05:51:32 PM »
Any value in parting out these problem units? 

If I could get most of my $$$ back I would have no issues with breaking it down at this point.  I think it's just a bad ejector on mine.  The other thing would be an independent gun smith, but I'm reluctant to put more money into this and want to be done with it all frankly.

Many people have suggested I sell it, but naturally nobody is interested in buying a jamomatic.

Zip from Dan as well.  Couldn't they have just purchased licence rights or patents without buying the whole company and 10 years of warranty liability? The recent sales figures on R9 pistols wouldn't be very motivating to a new owner in the face of past product warranty claims and liability. 

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
I guess some have better luck than others...both of mine feed, fire and eject every time with high quality ammo, as did the first one I owned that I foolishly sold to buy the Covert version.  I still carry mine daily, fire it every couple of months, and would never part with it...if para never comes through it will still be a  collector's piece someday, similar to my 1917 Savage .32 auto. 

I have a Solo that is not, unfortunately, very certain to feed a round predictably; can't carry it altho I do love to shoot it...nice sights, good feel, quite accurate at close range.  My cousin has a Solo that he cherishes...we went to his range and fired at 10 yard plates...he actually did better with my R9 than with his Solo (he missed one plate).  They were equally accurate in my hands (I missed  one with each...old eyes).  The R9 is still by far the easiest and most comfortable pocket and/or IWB carry of any 9mm IMO.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2014, 08:51:51 PM »

The R9 has a tactile feel and balance that is quite unique and unmatched, in my opinion. 

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »
Nice concept. Nice look. Nice cartridge. Nice, personal, small company feel (old Rohrbaugh). Nice warranty (old Rohrbaugh). Nice following. Nice forum. Nice resale value. Mine just isn't reliable and Remington doesn't seem to care about customer service. Not nice.

Other than that I like the gun. It is what no other gun is at this point... the worlds smallest 9mm with some class I might add.

Maybe a year down the road this will all make sense and be okey dokey, but IMO the gun had a mixed reputation before all this transpired. It surely isn't looking good to the outside world now for those who know how they are treating the loyal handful of followers that are on this forum.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:46:20 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »
Mine feeds, fires and ejects every time with 124gr Gold Dots,  124gr and 147gr Lawman TMJ, and 147gr Winchester Ranger "T" Series.  I am going to be testing 147gr HST out of as it is more available (just bought 250 rounds from Ammo To Go), and there are published gel test results now of the 147gr HST through 4 layers of denim, from a 3" barrel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3VfWkWMzOI&list=PLgNSGOEQko_M90AMdRCDMgd-w4Yozc27i&index=11

My pistol does not like 147gr Remington Bonded Golden Saber - so I don't feed her Golden Sabers, and it's not my first choice in SD ammo anyway - 147gr HST is my first choice followed by 147gr Winchester Ranger T (RA9T)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #385 on: August 28, 2014, 04:53:56 AM »
My pistol does not like 147gr Remington Bonded Golden Saber - so I don't feed her Golden Sabers, and it's not my first choice in SD ammo anyway - 147gr HST is my first choice followed by 147gr Winchester Ranger T (RA9T)

Ironically, my carry R9 shoots almost all ammo reliably but won't even rack a REMMINGTON UMC round. Did not make this connection until reading the above post.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #386 on: August 28, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »
Nice concept. Nice look. Nice cartridge. Nice, personal, small company feel (old Rohrbaugh). Nice warranty (old Rohrbaugh). Nice following. Nice forum. Nice resale value. Mine just isn't reliable and Remington doesn't seem to care about customer service. Not nice.

Other than that I like the gun. It is what no other gun is at this point... the worlds smallest 9mm with some class I might add.

Maybe a year down the road this will all make sense and be okey dokey, but IMO the gun had a mixed reputation before all this transpired. It surely isn't looking good to the outside world now for those who know how they are treating the loyal handful of followers that are on this forum.

Yep.. It would sure be interesting to see the percent of them that had issues.  I have to assume the seller sold you that R9 when it didn't work.  Another guy just bought a used one that didn't work if I recall.  I've had many people suggest I sell mine and hope the buyer just sticks it in the safe.  If you look back in the history of this site you'll find reliability issues to be a frequent occurrence.  I'm sure no data would be forthcoming, but would sure be interesting to see at this point.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2014, 02:02:59 PM »

Yep.. It would sure be interesting to see the percent of them that had issues.  I have to assume the seller sold you that R9 when it didn't work.  Another guy just bought a used one that didn't work if I recall.  I've had many people suggest I sell mine and hope the buyer just sticks it in the safe.  If you look back in the history of this site you'll find reliability issues to be a frequent occurrence.  I'm sure no data would be forthcoming, but would sure be interesting to see at this point.

I am 50% on my Rohrbaugh's.  One that would not work at all new right out of the box and the second pistol has been perfect.

When I first came here in about 2010, everyone was on a first name basis it seemed with Maria because of problems.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2014, 02:19:00 PM »
Josh

Just wanted to touch base with you to let you know I haven’t forgotten you and your need for repair.  Hoping to have some final answers in the next day or two about where to send it for repair work.  I’ll be in touch ASAP

Sincerely,

Daniel Cox

Looks like the voice mail actually  found  someone at home.

Maybe a few more days.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & A FRESH PERSPECTIVE
« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »
As always, the internet magnifies problems.  People rarely (some of our members are an exception) come to a forum to brag about how great their gun is out of the box.  They more frequently show up to seek info or complain about the gun that doesn't meet their expectations.  This always distorts the perception of products -- you have to take the Internet with a large grain of salt.

Rohrbaughs historically have not had an unusually high rate of return.  Many problems were solved by proper ammo selection, proper lubricaton, etc.  Eric personally inspected every gun that went out the door.  To the extent there were problems, they were all resolved.  Again, with a few vocal exceptions, most people were very pleased with Rohrbaugh's warranty service. 

Much of the discussion of Rohrbuagh initial quality on the forum lately comes from two or three guns that were some of the last ones out the door.  This was not, historically, a persistent problem.   However, that was then and this is now.  Whatever is produced going forward will have little relationship to what was produced before the sale.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com