Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210706 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

I must have dreamed about it.

Offline the_skunk

• Expert
Rohrbaugh was either sold, or went bankrupt. My guess is with bankruptcy type of situation, you eliminate the liability problem.

You only get sued if a lawyer smells money. No one sues a barber. Oh, but mention MacDonalds, or drug companies, and ever silk-suit lawyer is at your door.

Anyway, I am sure Remington wanted to assume any old liabilities of Rohrbaugh. Be nice to hear from someone on repair work. There is a lot of tweaking to an LC9, and I wonder if any gunsmith is really trained in the gun

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum

As stated previously, there was no bankruptcy. 

I won't take the lawyer comments personally, since I have never owned a silk suit.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
I must admit that I have numerous lawyers in my family...as a physician I am considered the "white sheep" of the family  ;D  ;D  ;D
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & lied to, ignored and now this...
« Reply #409 on: September 11, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
👋 schmak to da face 👋

Remington Support
Service Ticket Response

Mr. Axxxxxx:

I have spoke with Dan Cox regarding your pistol and he informed me that at this time the Rohrbaugh Firearm Co. is being restructured and has moved out of New York. They are working on establishing one of our premier repair centers to take the repair and warranty issues with the pistols. Dan has not forgotten about you and will contact you once the infrastructure has been put in place. We do apologize for the delay in getting your pistol fixed, but once everything has been ironed out with how things are going to be delegated we will get your pistol in for the repairs needed.

Thank you and best regards,
Remington Customer Service

... Really?? I know I can tend to be a little bit theatrical, but I really do take this as an insult.

1) I've been waiting for months and months.

2) I get a hold of Mr. Cox FINALLY

3) he tells me you will call me in a few days and give me some information

4) he doesn't 

5) I reach out again

6) he sent me an email and tell me it will only be a few more days

7) he doesn't

8) I reach out again, again and again

9) I'm ignored again, again and again

10) I get this guy at warranty center on the 500th (maybe I'm exaggerating) phone call who actually sounds like he cares and says he will climb the tree to see what he can find out

11) I get a polite, piece of junk letter that doesn't even have somebody's name on it in return

I'm sorry Remington, but you folks are not impressive at all as it pertains to this Rohrbaugh transaction
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:55:21 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2014, 02:19:02 PM »

Lip service has never been a good substitute for customer service. I think the long and short of this issue is that they just don't have their arms wrapped around a solution yet and that is the reason for the tap dance and slow walk.

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2014, 01:28:29 PM »
Does Remington have a premier product?  I was 15 when I bought my only Remington product and it was about $270 for a bolt action.

I didn't even get an email or return phone call from them, so you're getting further than I did.   

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
Does Remington have a premier product?  I was 15 when I bought my only Remington product and it was about $270 for a bolt action.

I didn't even get an email or return phone call from them, so you're getting further than I did.

Depending on how old you are, that could be a pretty hefty price for a bolt action rifle!   :D

I would say Remington makes some pretty darn nice rifles.  And the 870 is a fantastic shotgun.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2014, 03:38:14 PM »
I understand your reply Duane.

I was trying to be careful not to throw the whole company under the bus, but rather point out that this handling of the rohrbaugh component is just really absurd.

I think people need to be warned about how this company is really negligent on taking care of people and their firearms. Who can't return a phone call in a few days when they said they would? Who can't get warranty information out when your voicemail says it will? Who can't at least have the decency to update the voicemail? Who is going to ignore multiple personal voicemails and emails only to respond with a trite "I will get back with you in a few days" email and then break that commitment too? Incredulous.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:53:06 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2014, 04:17:17 PM »

I don't disagree.  I was just saying that historically Remington has produced some good guns.  It is their more recent events that lead me to wonder what is going on up there...

Duane (DDGator)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #415 on: September 15, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
Historically might be the key word here?  I've got an old model 700 and some of those are classics now.  I'm not sure about the current products though.  Nothing really comes to mind I'd like to own.  I've been buying CZ rifles for the last 10 years and the quality and features are way above what you get from Remington. 

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #416 on: September 15, 2014, 03:19:21 PM »
Also, their reputation in rifle manufacturing took quite a body blow recently from defective triggers. The following news release from the high profile personal injury attorney Mark Lanier summarizes the situation that has existed for quite a few years.

http://www.lanierlawfirm.com/law_firm_news/remington-rifle-lawsuit.htm

Additionally, this is an updated press release on this issue from July 08, 2014 that implies a class action settlement has been reached:

http://helenair.com/news/local/remington-to-settle-lawsuits-over-rifle-s-trigger-mechanism/article_1a7c33ee-065b-11e4-8108-001a4bcf887a.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 06:39:09 PM by tracker »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »

"Historically" was a carefully chosen word...

Duane (DDGator)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2014, 08:03:45 PM »
This is making me NOT want to buy a Versa Max Tactical :)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #419 on: September 16, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
One reason that I believe could be for the delay in warranty service of the R9’s is that Remington/Para are still analyzing the current design for anything that they determine unsafe or something that they feel needs changed to fit their production and sales capabilities.

Let’s face it; Rohrbaugh has done some things that other manufacturers would not have done.  Before everyone jumps on me, I feel that the R9 is a “safe” firearm or I would not have bought two of them.  With an overabundance of Lawyers chasing too few dollars, being a “safe” firearm is no longer enough, it must be “fool proof” also to avoid litigation.

If Remington/Para repairs Josh’s R9 without making the changes that they may deem necessary later on and returning it to him, they leave themselves wide open if trouble develops down the road.

I personally feel that there will be a lot of changes if Remington/Para ever decides to re-release the R9.  It is beginning to look like that may never occur to me.