Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211724 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & lied to, ignored and now this...
« Reply #420 on: September 16, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
I think it is safe to say that their legal department is in a trigger unhappy condition at the present time.

Offline guncats

« Reply #421 on: September 16, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »
One reason that I believe could be for the delay in warranty service of the R9’s is that Remington/Para are still analyzing the current design for anything that they determine unsafe or something that they feel needs changed to fit their production and sales capabilities.

Let’s face it; Rohrbaugh has done some things that other manufacturers would not have done.  Before everyone jumps on me, I feel that the R9 is a “safe” firearm or I would not have bought two of them.  With an overabundance of Lawyers chasing too few dollars, being a “safe” firearm is no longer enough, it must be “fool proof” also to avoid litigation.

If Remington/Para repairs Josh’s R9 without making the changes that they may deem necessary later on and returning it to him, they leave themselves wide open if trouble develops down the road.

I personally feel that there will be a lot of changes if Remington/Para ever decides to re-release the R9.  It is beginning to look like that may never occur to me.

it is already a DAO, how much "safer" can it get? The R9 design has been out for a long time, if there is safety problem it should have surfaced by now.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & new favorite paperweight
« Reply #422 on: September 16, 2014, 09:09:17 PM »
Well I guess at least we found out that their is nothing too close to working out for a R9 repair through Remington. I think they have ALOT of $ backing them. ALOT of issues from recent guns. And not ALOT of great management personally.

I think I'm gonna break the R9 out the safe and use it as a paperweight. Why not? It will make a very good looking and stylish piece on my desk. Maybe looking at it daily will motivate to find a decent local smith that could repair it. Or maybe not. Who knows?

On another note, I am blown away with the excellent service from Kahr and it actually looks like the solo is on its way back even though they said it was weeks out from repair.

Check on the updates under other guns if you care to see the recent news.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #423 on: September 16, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
One reason that I believe could be for the delay in warranty service of the R9’s is that Remington/Para are still analyzing the current design for anything that they determine unsafe or something that they feel needs changed to fit their production and sales capabilities.

Let’s face it; Rohrbaugh has done some things that other manufacturers would not have done.  Before everyone jumps on me, I feel that the R9 is a “safe” firearm or I would not have bought two of them.  With an overabundance of Lawyers chasing too few dollars, being a “safe” firearm is no longer enough, it must be “fool proof” also to avoid litigation.

If Remington/Para repairs Josh’s R9 without making the changes that they may deem necessary later on and returning it to him, they leave themselves wide open if trouble develops down the road.

I personally feel that there will be a lot of changes if Remington/Para ever decides to re-release the R9.  It is beginning to look like that may never occur to me.

it is already a DAO, how much "safer" can it get? The R9 design has been out for a long time, if there is safety problem it should have surfaced by now.

Who is to say that problems haven't arisen and we do not hear about them.

My two biggest concerns for the R9 would be a muzzle drop test and light hits.  Boberg's insurance carrier made him stop shipping guns with their 6 pound hammer spring as there were 4 cases in the courts concerning light hits occurring during life or death situations with pistols other than Bobergs.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:46:19 PM by MRC »

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #424 on: September 16, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
On another note, I am blown away with the excellent service from Kahr and it actually looks like the solo is on its way back even though they said it was weeks out from repair.

If you sent your Solo in to Kahr and they fixed it - that is awesome customer service.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #425 on: September 16, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »

If you sent your Solo in to Kahr and they fixed it - that is awesome customer service.

Josh,

Sounds like you should send the R9 to Kahr - BAM problem solved.
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #426 on: September 16, 2014, 10:37:01 PM »

It is hard to keep track of all these guns and which goes where.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #427 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:21 PM »
 :o I should be a bit more descriptive it appears!

I already received the Kahr CW380 back.

It also looks like I am about to receive the Solo back FROM KIMBER : )

received an email from ups that said I have to sign for, but it didn't say where it was from except its in the Bronx NY as we speak. 2 lbs and 2nd day air. What else could it be? It's gotta be it. I'm kinda surprised because they said they were weeks behind.

Sorry for the confusion fellas.

9mmCWSOLO.380 by KAHMBER

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:46:29 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & 9mmCWSOLO.380 by KAHMBER
« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2014, 10:48:39 PM »
New breed.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & 9mmCWSOLO.380 by KAHMBER
« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »

Yonkers is still in the Bronx, as we speak.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & HELP ME MAKE A DECISION PLEASE
« Reply #430 on: September 21, 2014, 12:02:32 AM »
Well I have updated both the solo review as well as the Kahr cw380 review under other guns. They seem to both have a clean bill of health since their trips to their factories.

Good little pistols.

As for the paperweight that I want to love, I will say that as I have attempted to delve behind the iron curtain of silence to get some help for 1 of 3 warranty R9's on the planet I have made some conclusions.

Let me lay them out there and see what your thoughts are...

1) whoever is running the department for the Rohrbaugh product at Remington could care less about the relationship of current Rohrbaugh owners and Remington. In fact more than not caring I think that the relationship is currently a burden that they don't even want to entertain. A negative if you will.

2) whoever this individual is is not accountable in a tangible way to his management in a way that he is held responsible for good customer relationships at least for this product.

3) although seemingly good intentioned the guy in service hit a brick wall when he attempted to look into this matter.

I really don't understand why One of the Rohrbaugh brothers could not/would not be willing to take a look at 1 or 2 warranty pistols. You would think that Remington would want them to if no one else at Remington could fix them we all know they could. Supposedly they are on staff there. Whatever they are doing you would think they would have time to repair two or three pistols.

I also don't understand why they don't care to keep the momentum of the Rohrbaugh fan base going. It seems so easy considering they just need to look at a few guns and provide us with some parts and simply give us one person as a point of contact. Even if it's to tell us that they care, they are REALLY working on it and be real about what's going on.

I think I will try to get to Dan Cox's superior. If I keep going and can't find a person who actually has a care for their customer base I think with all of the other options out there I will gladly NEVER BUY A REMINGTON PRODUCT AGAIN.

Isn't that extreme? You may ask. Seems like a perfectly sound decision in light of the complete incompetence to simply do what they say they are going to do.

I personally think they are an oversized conglomerate run amuck. If I am wrong then I invite the opportunity to be proven incorrect.

Any more suggestions? What else do you do when a particular individual in a company says they are going to look into your particular issue and they don't call or email you back? Don't you have to either accept you are just a number and you don't matter or try to get to a sensible superior with some good business sense?

So what do you guys think? Their shouldn't be anyone who cares more than the handful left on this site about the situation. So let me know. Should I accept the poor service and just hang it up until further notice from Remington or should I continue to attempt to pursue them and see what they are made of?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 08:34:30 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #431 on: September 21, 2014, 01:03:07 AM »

I really don't understand why One of the Rohrbaugh brothers could not/would not be willing to take a look at 1 or 2 warranty pistols. You would think that Remington would want them to if no one else at Remington could fix them we all know they could. Supposedly they are on staff there. Doing what? Ignoring people? Wow that takes a lot of time out of your busy day.

This part raises my hackles a bit...  I don't know exactly how much the brothers can say about their employment status at Rohrbaugh.  However, they have absolutely no authority to do anything on Remington's behalf.  They have no access to the factory, and aren't exactly walking the halls at Remington.  As best I can tell, they are (or were) consultants who answer questions and give input when asked to do so.   I'm not sure Karl has ever set foot in the place.  You can say Remington is ignoring you, but to imply that Eric and Karl are ignoring you is completely and entirely misplaced.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #432 on: September 21, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
Doubt having a few people fuss over the phone will help much.  Suggest we send a petition signed by all forum members to the president/CEO of Remington.  Suggest also an article written and submitted to one of the gun magazines about the Rohrbaugh (the brothers, history of the pistol, the great service in the past, review of the pistol, and then a discussion of the buyout and the problems with lack of customer service or even customer contact) might give the company some impetus to respond.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #433 on: September 21, 2014, 09:30:22 AM »
Ok Duane I see why that raised your hackles. Again a failure to articulate on my part.

The point that I was attempting to make is that the SOP on the Rohrbaugh product is to ignore and back burner things IMO.

The accusation is toward the management at Remington not the brothers. I'm relatively sure they have no idea that I even exist.

So if someone care and knew there were 2 or 3 warranty pistols out there why couldn't they simply get them to one of the brothers.

That's the heart of the position. However with attorney like keeness you found a hole in my statements that incorrectly pointed toward the brothers as running around ignoring people. Not my intention. It came out that way. Probably got twisted in my head as the rant wound up; however I hold The bros in a position of ignorance about this.

Sorry all. I can modify my statement happily, but it won't fix the quoted line Duane.

I like backup9's ideas.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 09:32:53 AM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #434 on: September 22, 2014, 10:10:19 AM »

As a further point of clarification, I have found out that Karl and Eric have not been employed at Remington since July 2014.  They no longer have any affiliation with Remington. 

For what it is worth (which, I guess, is nothing at this point), Eric and Karl were very aware of the warranty issues and urged Remington to deal with these issues many times.  However, they had no say in that process.  Eric would certainly have handled warranty repairs on existing pistols if he had been asked or allowed to do so.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com