Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211734 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I want to love my Rohrbaugh... BUT & THINGS ARE L👀KING ⬆️
« Reply #495 on: November 23, 2014, 10:22:20 PM »
Shipped on Friday. They sent a next day air tag for UPS. EXCITED TO SEE IF WE GET 2, 100% R9's Now that I purchased the stealth from cargarittavile.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:24:07 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Well I called Williams today to make sure that they had received the gun ok and see what an ETA may be.

Alex answered in service and reported that the R9 was already repaired and on its way back with a new ejector. Ran all test ammo with 0 FTE : )

Well needless to say I am impressed and hope to be equally impressed when I get the first opportunity to fire the little dude.

Great job Alex and Williams!!

He said mine was the first Rohrbaugh he had seen in for warranty and I told him there was really only 1 other guy with issues on the forum that in knew of.

So here is a shout out to old bobsmith, if you are still out there send that pup in. They will take good care of you IMO.

They also said they had tons of spare parts around. I ordered a spare mag and springs.

Finally, he told me they were going to be producing the Rohrbaugh again soon. Maybe Remington will have learned from some past mistakes and not screw with anything. I hear all of you guys out there. "Yeah right, they will mess it up". I guess time will tell.

Finally, finally, what do you fellas think is the best protocol to determine 100% reliability before going to the 2 mags every 1-3 months?

Should i run a box of 50 Gold dot or lawman and forget it? Is that too many? Is that too few? I normally run a few hundred to 500 through a typical defensive pistol, but we have already determined that that's not wise with the R9.

Please reply and let me know what ya think. 
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:28:13 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor

Should i run a box of 50 Gold dot or lawman and forget it? Is that too many? Is that too few? I normally run a few hundred to 500 through a typical defensive pistol, but we have already determined that that's not wise with the R9.

Please reply and let me know what ya think.

A procedure others have used for periodic confidence building of their EDC was to get a box of 20 gold dots run 13 through at the range and save those last 7 as your carry ammo. This case is a little different since there was a problem but I wouldn't go over to the top round count wise. Maybe if you have a box of 50 shoot 43 and save the last 7 to carry after cleaning the gun. In the end your comfort level is the one that matters.

Ryan 
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Sounds good. Any other ideas?

50 max? I would be confident with 40-50 successes in a row.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Josh

I have always put at least 100 rounds through a new or repaired pistol to check it out.  If there are any failures I would keep testing it.

Getting 100 rounds in a row with out a failure should be enough and I have found nearly all guns will do that with good ammo.

Good luck

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Josh

I have always put at least 100 rounds through a new or repaired pistol to check it out.  If there are any failures I would keep testing it.

Getting 100 rounds in a row with out a failure should be enough and I have found nearly all guns will do that with good ammo.

Good luck

Ok MRC. Point well put.

I have had exceptional results with SPEER Lawman 124 gr and they are supposed to duplicate 124 gold dot performance for the law community. Would you think 50 of each would be good or just run 100 gold dot in your opinion?

Still open to other opinions/input as well.

John Stuart Mill

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
I would only run what you plan to carry.
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Josh

Good luck

Ok MRC. Point well put.

I have had exceptional results with SPEER Lawman 124 gr and they are supposed to duplicate 124 gold dot performance for the law community. Would you think 50 of each would be good or just run 100 gold dot in your opinion?

Still open to other opinions/input as well.

I agree with Ryan.  Run 100 of what you will carry and get started into another box to see if they are working also.

Shoot Lawman if you want to practice a little with the R9.  Just don't sour your assessment of the pistol by running some junk ammo through it and get failures.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Word of advice:  don't put the hundred round thru in one shoot...take the time to let the pistol cool between mags...in a true self defense scenario you will have a cold weapon to start and will with near certainty be done one way or the other after 7 rounds.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

bamboobob

I think you should start with 115 gr GD's or ST's whatever you can get.   ( both work for me )
Avoid 20 rd boxes if you can / can wait  --   too much $$$
43 or 50 rds good start
Then try 2ed brand
I  may yet try 124 gr but Karl  recommends  115 ST,
My Instructor /good friend says 115 too (small gun)  and uses ST's too because of Karl
May be good to buy 100 rds or more of either or both if you do not have

ps  I want to see "I love my R9 "
ps2 pm sent on another topic

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

Is it possible that after 34 pages of dialogue we can see the light at the end of the tunnel of: "I want to love my Rohrbaugh....BUT also."?

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is another train coming at you......
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is another train coming at you......

I agree lets not jinx poor Josh...
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master

My most fervent wish is that they both function flawlessly.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Do you mean Josh and the R9, or both R9s?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!