Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210762 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
I'm chuckling.

Thanks for all of the help fellas.

I think we are likely approaching the end of the tunnel for sure. A loose ejector. Wow. Such a small deal. Reminds me of Ben Franklin ...

-Unknown[2]
The proverb is found in a number of forms, starting as early back as the 14th century:

Variation

For want of a nail the shoe was lost,
for want of a shoe the horse was lost;
and for want of a horse the rider was lost;
being overtaken and slain by the enemy,

all for want of care about a horse-shoe nail.
-Benjamin Franklin
The Way to Wealth (1758)[3]

Fortunately the loose "nail" was caught prior to the whole slaying part.

Yes Tracker, 34 pages almost to an end. Just need to test fire 50-100 rounds of 124 GD and we should be good.

bamboobob: after the last experience with the 115 WST I may stay away from them due to the hard primers. Thanks for the thought though. Maybe 115 GD or HST if I go to 115 : ) also, I will hit Ya back on the PM

Thanks everybody. Thanks Duane and co. for the great forum.

Tracker, it looks like you can finally stop reading the endless drivel precipitating from my keypad ...

On this post at least : )

« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 11:28:40 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Word of advice:  don't put the hundred round thru in one shoot...take the time to let the pistol cool between mags...in a true self defense scenario you will have a cold weapon to start and will with near certainty be done one way or the other after 7 rounds.

I remember you recommending this to me once before backup. I did it then and I will do it again. Thanks for the reminder. I will space the mags out to create a more realistic defensive scenario. I may perform a reload and run 2 mags at a time though since i typically carry a spare mag. I know it's a bit extreme since most exchanges only fire off less than 7 rounds per side, but I will practice what I carry for at least.

Thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JR956678

• Expert
bamboobob: after the last experience with the 115 WST I may stay away from them due to the hard primers. Thanks for the thought though. Maybe 115 GD or HST if I go to 115 : ) also, I will hit Ya back on the PM

Some of the best news I've read recently; the only thing better would be to hear that your pup is once again happy and reliable for you.

Back when I first got mine the 115gr GD or Winchester Silvertip was a common carry round and I always liked the GD and it was always reliable. I would buy 50 round boxes (the LE packaging) if I could get them and if I could only get the 20 round packaging I'd buy several boxes at the same time to try and get the same lot number. I would always run a couple of magazines of each lot number before considering that lot to be good which is why the 50 round package was preferable.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master

Some of the best news I've read recently; the only thing better would be to hear that your pup is once again happy and reliable for you.

Back when I first got mine the 115gr GD or Winchester Silvertip was a common carry round and I always liked the GD and it was always reliable. I would buy 50 round boxes (the LE packaging) if I could get them and if I could only get the 20 round packaging I'd buy several boxes at the same time to try and get the same lot number. I would always run a couple of magazines of each lot number before considering that lot to be good which is why the 50 round package was preferable.

Thanks for the tip JR956678! Sounds smart.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh... And 1st 34 round range review
« Reply #514 on: December 09, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
34 down, 66 to go.

Ran great!

I did let it cool between mags FYI.

So far so good.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:51:48 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #515 on: December 09, 2014, 03:15:32 PM »
Nice...that is one flashy lookin' R9!  Glad it works as good as it looks.

We just got back from 6 weeks in Florida...hope to get to the range this weekend although snow is predicted tonight.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #516 on: December 09, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »

Good on you, Josh. Which ammo did you use on the 34 rounds?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #517 on: December 09, 2014, 07:50:21 PM »

Good on you, Josh. Which ammo did you use on the 34 rounds?

Thanks Tracker. I used 124 gr Gold Dot.

Also of note, I shot the last 5 rounds one handed (strong hand).

It was ringing steel with ease at 30 ft. Very happy with today's session.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #518 on: December 09, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
Nice...that is one flashy lookin' R9!  Glad it works as good as it looks.

We just got back from 6 weeks in Florida...hope to get to the range this weekend although snow is predicted tonight.

Thanks Backup

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #519 on: December 09, 2014, 08:02:44 PM »

The more I look at that pup it looks like it was custom designed for a dude with a wide brim hat, Dogg Pound sunglasses, and Fiesso shoes. ;D

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #520 on: December 09, 2014, 08:34:07 PM »

The more I look at that pup it looks like it was custom designed for a dude with a wide brim hat, Dogg Pound sunglasses, and Fiesso shoes. ;D

Grinning as I text tracker. I don't even know what dog pound glasses or fiesso shoes are, but I will find out and when I do I will understand the depths of the compliment paid 😎 Thank you!

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #521 on: December 09, 2014, 08:54:37 PM »

Prego!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #522 on: December 09, 2014, 10:48:09 PM »
Lol!! Fiesso shoes Eh?

I may have to trade in the daily red wing, carhart hat and oakleys selection for your upgraded personal favorites. Hilarious!

This truly makes me wonder... Who are you tracker? What kind of fellow replies in Italian, has intimate knowledges of wack boots such as Fiesso and dogg pound glasses. Are you a member of the Illuminati?

Thanks for the good laugh. : )
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:20:48 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #523 on: December 10, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »

Only the shadow knows................

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #524 on: December 10, 2014, 09:50:04 PM »
Illuminati?????...... Josh, I think that you have been inhaling the fumes coming out from one too many wells!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!