Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 211760 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(S).. And now 84 round range review
« Reply #540 on: January 13, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
Well I still haven't bought any 124 GD, but I had a chance to get to the range and didn't want the opportunity to slip by to run another 25 rounds through so I ran 25 rounds of FLAWLESS 124 gr lawman.

That makes for 84 rounds with only 1 FTE.

I will hopefully find some 124 GD to finish off the test with and call the warranted R9 good.

The stealth on the other hand is going back to Williams for the lite strike issue. It looks almost new so I'm sure it is some minor little thing. Other than a few light strikes it's been great. No FTE's
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(S).. And now 84 round range review
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2015, 03:14:30 PM »
Gold dot 124 ordered last night from ammunition depot.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(S).. And now 109 round range review
« Reply #542 on: January 17, 2015, 03:17:36 PM »
Well ran 25 124 grain GD today.

I cleaned it, tightened the grip screws and put some "A Grip" on the front of the grip after the last range visit. Ok this stuff is seamingly great! I look forward to see if it holds up. I am amazed at the grip and the way it softened the recoil for me in combination with the mag extension.

Check out the beautiful look too. It looks like suade or velvet, but according to the inventor it wears like steel and grips better when wet by some amazing new advances.

I heard about it on nut-N-fancy. So far I'm impressed.

Now down to the review of the 25 rounds fired today...

Well I had one failure to eject, BUT it was a one hand shot. So that makes 2 failures out of 109 shots. A dramatic improvement. I admit I didn't let it cool properly and I didn't give it the appropriate death grip, so I imagine if I did a better job so would the little R9.

Me personally, I think it would be a decent pocket pistol for the rare occasion that I can't IWB carry.

What do you guys think? Do I need to be 100% out of 100, or with the compromises I made could I figure if I needed it for 7-15 rounds in a shooting situation I would be more effective? Ie: death grip and cool barrel.

Lookng for feedback please.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #543 on: January 17, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »

Rather than answer your question, why don't you just run 21 rounds through it with the proper grip and a cooling  period between each magazine to simulate a carry and fire scenario as you suggested? If that exercise were flawless I would carry it with confidence.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #544 on: January 17, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
Yes, good call. Backup9 is shaking his head as we speak. I know, I know, I know.  I just got carried away, and kinda didn't think about it. I should have done that.

I have decided to only shoot 1-2 mags at a time from here on out from this 107 out of 109 R9. It has proven that it is markedly improved and now if it keeps up with a 7-15 round successful outing every 1-3 months I am happy with it. Done deal. Decided. Finito.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #545 on: January 17, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »
"A grip" and target from 7 yards.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 03:46:11 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(S)... BUT the ejector is loose AGAIN
« Reply #546 on: January 17, 2015, 04:38:57 PM »
Well maybe this is the reason for the FTE.

I took it apart to clean after today's 25. The pics show me first holding the ejector down then up. The ejector is loose again. 109 rounds and its wiggling.

Back it goes to Williams. Bummer.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 04:43:01 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #547 on: January 27, 2015, 11:48:47 AM »
Well the 2 tone is going back to Williams again.

The Stealth is on its way back to me.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #548 on: January 27, 2015, 12:09:58 PM »

Did they find anything wrong with the Stealth or do anything to it?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #549 on: January 27, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »

Did they find anything wrong with the Stealth or do anything to it?

Details on stealth thread MRC, but they did not. They did install an improved trigger bar that pulls a bit further as a good measure.

Ran 35 rounds. No FTE. No FTF. No light strikes. 3 ammo types of 115 gr according to Bob at Williams.

John Stuart Mill

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #550 on: January 27, 2015, 04:43:25 PM »
Josh, you are just snake-bit!  Hope is all gets fixed soon.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #551 on: January 27, 2015, 04:49:28 PM »
Josh, you are just snake-bit!  Hope is all gets fixed soon.

I agree. It's all working out ok actually. I really think it's been forward progress even if it is a bit slow its forward progress. I'll take it : )

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #552 on: February 18, 2015, 11:21:58 PM »
Well I received the R9 back recently and finally got a chance to run it today. I put 18 rounds through it and it was perfect. I did give it time to cool between mags and it performed great.

They did replace an extractor that was worn, but stated that the loose ejector would not be an issue with reliability.

I will continue to run mags to verify reliability I guess. Little here and there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:12:54 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(s)
« Reply #553 on: February 19, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
Well I was able to chat with Eric today about having a loose ejector to verify it was not a problem and he said absolutely no issue at all. He stated that if your ejector rocks forward and back a touch there is absolutely no issue whatsoever. If it rocks left and right it is more concerning.

He said carry it with confidence now that it has Alex's 6 and my 18 flawless rounds through it.

I think I will do just that.

Oh, also Duane has this up under water cooler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291386320628?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D291386320628%26_rdc%3D1

Looks like a neat opportunity to pick up some rare early grips! I will be watching the auction and may just pick up some unique, sweet grips : )

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:19:04 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(S)...
« Reply #554 on: February 23, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »
Cleaned and lubed the R9 and ran 6 gold dot 124 and 6 lawman 124 through it today and it was again flawless. That makes it 36 perfect rounds since its Latest return and only 2 failures out of 145 rounds since its original trip in.

I think we are done fiddling with this beauty.

I'm liking it. I was able to carry it the other day for the first time in a long time. It really rides good in the Milt sparks pocket carry holster.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 06:28:11 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill