Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210757 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: I'm beginning to love my Rohrbaugh(S)...
« Reply #555 on: February 28, 2015, 11:02:41 PM »
+6 GD : )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #556 on: March 01, 2015, 07:44:58 AM »
Ha haa. . . . Hey Josh. . . . Here comes some controversy for ya;  "Stop fiddlin' with it and carry the darned thing!"   lol. 

Glad to see the ole' gal is running well again for you. I'm also glad to see that Remington has found a reputable gunsmith willing to work on the R9s for you all.
Very good to see that.   8)

Eric R.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:52:21 AM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #557 on: March 01, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
That's not  controversy. Everybody on the board agrees with ya : )

It's a weaning effect if you will. Hahah. I'm down to just 6 rounds man.

Ok. I'll try hard not to shoot it for a while, but it's so good to finally get to a point where I have some confidence in it if you know what I mean? Been a long road.

Thanks for the advice : )
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #558 on: March 02, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »
Yes, it has been a long road. . . . but now you have found peace Josh.

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #559 on: March 02, 2015, 06:20:09 PM »
Josh and peace? Josh reminds me of that Peanuts character who always walked around with a cloud of dirt swirling around him...except that Josh has a swirl of gun powder residue swirling around him! Josh should be an independent consultant that tests firearms. If it is going to fail, he'll find a way to do it. I have talked to Josh on the phone and sold him a firearm. He is a true gentleman, and a real nice guy. I think he is entertaining, intelligent, and a true firearm lover. Most of all, he is a realist, and that is a breath of fresh air in this world today. Keep doing what you're doing Josh...you have a lot of fans.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #560 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:13 PM »
Good ol pig pin!!

I do tend to be a bit obsessive haha. Thanks for the nice words Norm and oh have I thanked you for the nice R9 lately? Sweet gun. Thanks sir.

I noticed you were able to make another purchase in the R9 world. Grats! Looked like a very nice package.

Yeah I do have a good sense of peace about my first R9 now. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's good to be able to put an end to the testing an put that bad boy in a pocket and rock it 😎

Thanks for all of the putting up with me fellas.

It's good to be part of the Rohrbaugh forum. Good place IMO 👍

John Stuart Mill

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #561 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:45 PM »
+1
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...
« Reply #562 on: March 04, 2015, 11:46:44 PM »
Ok it's official. I can finally say I'm lovin my Rohrbaughs.

Why? Because Eric's on here now and I want to schmooze up? Nope.

Why? Because it's perfect and it never has not ever will give me an issue? Nope.

Why? Because everybody else loves their Rohrbaughs? Nope.

Because Duane told me to love it or He wouldn't allow me to pester you poor people any more? Yes...

Just kidding. No. Sorry, poor attempt at humor.

Well I just broke it out to show it off to my eleven year old boy and found myself going over the neat features of my carry piece that originally gave me some grief. I caught myself talking about it as if I cherished it. As if it was something special to me. As if it was something I wanted him to see the very fine qualities of, so when he gets older he will have an eye for quality and craftsmanship. An eye for something special and not just the ordinary. Hey nothing wrong with a Glock (I know they don't have a soul Richard 😜), but then their is the piece that someone poured their life's blood into to make as close to humanly perfect as possible. That would be the R9 IMO. Oh I think their are probably more reliable guns to run thousands of rounds with that offer less recoil, but that's not the intended purpose of the build.

Truth is that my post would have not been allowed to cast a shadow of negativity on the R9 if I didn't come to the dance just as they were handing things over to Remington. I would have been able to send it in for repairs and talk to Eric and been happy happy happy.

Hope I didn't scare anyone away with all the talk.

In the end I have a real appreciation for the fit and finish, size to weight to fire power ratio. I appreciate the reliability of it now that it's been serviced.

It's a pocketable defense system with some real class.

In final, I love my Rohrbaugh. I ended up buying 2 more and wouldn't mind adding a Farmie if the right situation presented itself. I guess that says it all right there.

Thanks for all the help along the way getting me to this point. I hope the small band of R9 owners remains as classy as they are now. You are some good fellows to have acquaintance with. I even like old Bob. What happened to old Bob anyway? Oh well.

Signing off on this post,

JoshA
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:51:24 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #563 on: March 05, 2015, 07:53:50 AM »
Well, all I have to say about this post Josh is this: 

When I read this part of your letter:  "Because Duane told me to love it or He wouldn't allow me to pester you poor people any more? Yes..."

I cracked up with a good chuckle. . . . . . . . .

The rest of your letter explaining how you, unfortunately, had experienced issues with your R9 "just as they were handing things over to Remington.". . . . . All I can say about that fiasco is this, and by now you and others may very well know this: . . . .   There came a time when the deal with Remington came to a head and we had no choice but to stop accepting firearms and close down the FFL books and get ready for the transfer of product left in the safes and all of the machining and books turned over and shipped out to them. Our lips were sealed at that point, as they still are. We have a few more years to go before Karl or I can really say or do anything firearms manufacturing wise. Right now, at our ages. . . . . Frankly, we are enjoying life and our retirement as a family together with our Mother, the matriarch. 

In closing, may I say your little story about showing your son the work put into your R9. . . . . . That made me proud to be one of "The Brothers Rohrbaugh".

Thank you once again and may all of you enjoy your day today.

Regards,

Eric R.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:03:31 AM by ECR »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #564 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »
I apologize that I failed to make it clear that the fact of the whole sale and transaction that followed is totally understandable to me and only refer to it as a matter of what happened and not as a matter of contention. Those things happen and ther ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with the way it went down to me or 99.9% of the guys who own R9's. It's somewhat remarkable that only myself and one other guy even had an issue With our pistols out of all of the R9's out there!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:31:45 PM by JoshA »

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #565 on: March 05, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

JoshA has finally completed his character arc in this story...  My work here is done.   8)
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #566 on: March 05, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
Josh, welcome FINALLY to the fold!  In spite of all of the problems you encountered, you somehow recognized the innate quality and value of the piece and persisted until you got it right.

Now, young man  ;), pay attention and listen to this old ferret's advice.  Keep your R9 clean and happy, feed it what it likes best, treat it gently and with love, shoot it regularly for effect (not stamina!), carry daily with confidence.

Congratulations on your son.  He will soon enter a difficult age, so treat him gently and with love, interact with him daily as an adult and persist until he gets it right.  I have two boys, one an armed commercial pilot with a major airline, the other an armed federal Special Agent with DCIS.  I am proud to be their father and, as importantly, I strive to make them proud of me.

Josh, all credit to you.  You probably played a major part in saving this forum with your posts back when it was truly in the doldrums.  Thank you.

John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #567 on: March 05, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
Thanks much for the excellent instruction backup9! Will do my best sir.

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #568 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »

JoshA has finally completed his character arc in this story...  My work here is done.   8)

Some people just take a while to mature I guess.  8)

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #569 on: March 05, 2015, 02:49:54 PM »
. . . . . and to think this all took place on just 38 pages of The Rohrbaugh Forum!  8)

. . . . Go figure!   lol

Good job everyone. . . . . . Josh came around. . . . . . Now - How about those Mets!    :-\