Author Topic: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...  (Read 210744 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Ok... Lovin my Rohrbaugh(S)...
« Reply #570 on: March 05, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
. . . . . and to think this all took place on just 38 pages of The Rohrbaugh Forum!  8)

. . . . Go figure!   lol

Good job everyone. . . . . . Josh came around. . . . . . Now - How about those Mets!    :-\

Well better late than never I guess they say  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:07:15 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #571 on: March 05, 2015, 06:28:14 PM »
Well now, see what you've done Josh!? . . . . . You made it yet another page now at 39!    ::)
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #572 on: March 05, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
DANGIT JOSH, cool it!  This threat need to end now.  Start another with something like "I Am Now A Happy Camper".    ;D  ;D  ;)
Yoda
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #573 on: March 05, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »
Or maybe this one from Hank Williams Jr.:

"It was colder than well diggers ankles in Cut Bank, Montana."

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #574 on: March 06, 2015, 09:25:25 AM »
You folks sure are funny out there. What am I getting into here. . . . . . lol

. . . . I think it's all good, that's what.

Enjoy the snow everyone. . . . . . We had another 7" more since yesterday. Enough already!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #575 on: March 15, 2015, 08:44:50 PM »
+6 silver tip 115 gr ;)

*2 failures of some sort for some reason out of 157 rounds

**0 failures out of 48 rounds since extractor was replaced

Told ya I'm done with this thread. Haha.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:51:51 PM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #576 on: March 15, 2015, 08:55:37 PM »

Why not go for 40!

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #577 on: March 15, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »
Josh, all credit to you.  You probably played a major part in saving this forum with your posts back when it was truly in the doldrums.  Thank you.
John

Hear, hear!  8)

Doug

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 08:57:38 PM by Douglas »

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #578 on: March 15, 2015, 08:58:07 PM »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #579 on: March 15, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »

Why not go for 40!

And why not?

Haha. Sorry.

Hey Doug's back! Missed your input from the front sir.

Are you still in G19 mode, Rohrbaugh or back to a wheel gun? What is the current threat level?

John Stuart Mill

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #580 on: March 15, 2015, 09:41:05 PM »
Hey Josh!

I never leave, I just sort of float in and out. Back when you breathed some life back into the place I tried to contribute more often too, just to support the cause.  :)

-Off the clock, been doing mostly G26 lately, G19 mag reload. I never used to carry a reload with the Glocks.  ???  J frame in the off side pocket on duty, as usual.

Did some force on force training with an eye towards smaller guns recently, which led me to put some XS Big Dots on the 26, and they are pretty cool.

Threats are bad, but more quiet. The international is what it is. Locally, politics here leave the mutts feeling more free to carry their guns, while continuing to deprive the people of their rights. Not good, but not going to change, IMHO.

It's like living in Rome in the AD 460s.   :-X

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #581 on: March 15, 2015, 10:06:56 PM »
Hey Josh!

I never leave, I just sort of float in and out. Back when you breathed some life back into the place I tried to contribute more often too, just to support the cause.  :)

-Off the clock, been doing mostly G26 lately, G19 mag reload. I never used to carry a reload with the Glocks.  ???  J frame in the off side pocket on duty, as usual.

Did some force on force training with an eye towards smaller guns recently, which led me to put some XS Big Dots on the 26, and they are pretty cool.

Threats are bad, but more quiet. The international is what it is. Locally, politics here leave the mutts feeling more free to carry their guns, while continuing to deprive the people of their rights. Not good, but not going to change, IMHO.

It's like living in Rome in the AD 460s.   :-X

Good to hear you are well sir.

I have the XS dig dots on my G27 (I recall you aren't the biggest .40 fan : )

As for helping the forum... I hope I was of some assistance, but I certainly can't take credit for more than posting my problems, experience and discoursing with the good men of the board about solutions : )

I've enjoyed getting to know everybody and the R9 a little more than casually.

Keep safe Doug!!

John Stuart Mill

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #582 on: March 15, 2015, 10:25:03 PM »
Thank you sir.

Well, as we discussed, I'm not anti-.40, it's just not what we use, and I am a believer in standardization.

How do you find the Big Dots?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #583 on: March 15, 2015, 10:36:00 PM »
Thank you sir.

Well, as we discussed, I'm not anti-.40, it's just not what we use, and I am a believer in standardization.

How do you find the Big Dots?

I really like them. I use them in a pit with 5, 8" steel plates and find that they are very quick to dial in.

When using them for grouping they aren't as nice as 3 dots, but that's not what I typically do while training.

I get the whole standardization thing, but I'm just not there yet. Makes total sense in the real world. I just try not to go there too much (the real world that is).

What kind of force on force exercises did you do?

Sorry for the minor hijacking of the thread fellas. Not everyday one gets to talk to a NYC cop about force on force training and such ya know : )

John Stuart Mill

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #584 on: March 16, 2015, 07:06:01 AM »

Why not go for 40!

At this rate we may just make that 40 page count! . . . . unless you were talking about 40 caliber and I was not paying attention!?  lol
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:09:02 AM by ECR »