Author Topic: Is there something special about this one?  (Read 14447 times)

Offline turkeyhunter

Re: Is there something special about this one?
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 12:14:59 PM »
Thank you all for your advice

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 03:13:06 PM »
MRC, I have been afraid to carry my Solo since it is SAO and would be cocked and locked like a 1911, but with only the thumb safety and, at least in my case, an extremely light trigger.  At least with my particular pistol the risk of inadvertently firing under stress or due to carelessness would seem high, and the risk of some plaintiff's attorney making that claim equally high....thoughts?
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 05:03:21 PM »
MRC, I have been afraid to carry my Solo since it is SAO and would be cocked and locked like a 1911, but with only the thumb safety and, at least in my case, an extremely light trigger.  At least with my particular pistol the risk of inadvertently firing under stress or due to carelessness would seem high, and the risk of some plaintiff's attorney making that claim equally high....thoughts?

As long as you don't lighten the trigger or modify the weapon in ANY WAY You should be OK. I carry mine 24/7 with no worries. It is the Glock crowd with the "MAKE MY DAY" engraved on the slide that are looking for problems.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 05:04:32 PM »

The trigger on my Solo is very good but long like most DAO pistols.  They call it a Single Action but in truth it is not.  The slide's action puts it at 90% of fully cocked.  The trigger cocks it the other 10% and deactivates a firing pin block also.  The action is really no different than the Kahr's and Glocks.  I do not feel that I would be any more prone to have an accidental discharge with the Solo than iI would with a R9.  Read this article:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/kimber_solo_carry.htm

I pocket carry mine with the safety off.  I have gotten to like the safety as I engage it when I remove it and holster from my pocket.

I am on my second Solo.  Both have been 100%.  I liked the first one so well that I stepped up to the CDP version to get the checkered front strap and night sights.  I replaced the Crimson Trace laser grips with VZ's.  I was going to sell the CT Grips but decided to keep them.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 05:31:11 PM »
The SOLO is a great gun no doubt!
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

The Micro 9 Kimbers are selling so well that Kimber switched the Solo production line over to the Micro 9's.

Many are predicting that the Solo will be discontinued.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »

The Micro 9 Kimbers are selling so well that Kimber switched the Solo production line over to the Micro 9's.

Many are predicting that the Solo will be discontinued.
[/color]

I love my Micro 9 Raptor!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline turkeyhunter

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2017, 12:15:25 PM »
I thought I paid too much for this gun. Maybe not based on prices listed since my purchased. A Stealth is listed now for $2450!

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
I thought I paid too much for this gun. Maybe not based on prices listed since my purchased. A Stealth is listed now for $2450!
its a forum members gun also

Offline turkeyhunter

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2017, 12:53:04 PM »
Tatto:  I have a stealth but I will guarantee is on fire. Should I ask for $4000! Haha