Author Topic: Stainless grip screws  (Read 11414 times)

Offline hoserack

• Sharpshooter
  • #R2660
Stainless grip screws
« on: February 21, 2021, 09:29:40 PM »
Does anyone know where I can get a new set of stainless grip screws for my R9/
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Stainless grip screws
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 11:40:48 AM »
See if Williams still has parts:

With regard to warranty service on existing Rohrbaugh pistols:

Frist, he apologized for the delay in getting the warranty service up and going.  He said that he worked hard to find the right place to outsource the repairs.  Remington did not want an "armorer" level service to swap parts--they wanted a true gunsmithing operation.  Williams was interested, but wanted to do some homework on the gun before agreeing to take on the responsibility.  Ultimately, they accepted, of course.  He felt like his main job was to get a quality system in place, not to rush the process.

Dan assures me that Williams has a large supply of parts.  He described it as four pallets of parts.  He is confident that they will be able to fully service warrantied pistols for "years" to come.  He also stated that the guns run very well, and he doesn't expect an onslaught of claims.   He did not say, but he implied, that by the time the parts run out, Remington will be making new versions of the R9. 

I think this is the best assurances we can hope for at this point.  He seemed genuinely concerned that Rohrbaugh customers would be supported and pleased with Remington.

"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 11:51:44 AM »
Is Williams still providing Rohrbaugh warranty service now that Remington declared bankruptcy?

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 04:09:51 PM »
Don’t know...doubt it.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 04:47:26 PM »
I just spoke with Williams Gunsight in Michigan at 800 530-9028. The gunsmith extension is 235, but Alex who previously did the Rohrbaugh warranty work is no longer with the company. The person I spoke to said that they are no longer doing warranty work but would do repairs and sell parts if they are available for the Rohrbaugh.

Offline jetboater

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 08:10:24 PM »
Hoserack—-I don’t have any extra stainless grip screws but I do have extra black ones from some I bought from another member a few years ago.  They are identical to the original ones except they're black

Be glad to send a few to you at no charge if you’d like—-just PM me the address where you’d like them sent.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 08:56:06 PM »
I live about 45 minutes from William's. I wonder what they would charge for a complete "parts kit" for an R9 if I walked in. They sold me a silver, gray, and black set of factory R9 aluminum grips that I love. If I make a trip over there, I would take orders for parts. I would only charge USPS rate for shipping.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 08:58:10 PM »
I got grip screws from William's for a few dollars, only problem was the $20 shipping and handling.

Offline boscobarbell

• Sharpshooter
  • Guns, Knives, and Liquor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 09:45:34 PM »
See if Williams still has parts:

With regard to warranty service on existing Rohrbaugh pistols:

Frist, he apologized for the delay in getting the warranty service up and going.  He said that he worked hard to find the right place to outsource the repairs.  Remington did not want an "armorer" level service to swap parts--they wanted a true gunsmithing operation.  Williams was interested, but wanted to do some homework on the gun before agreeing to take on the responsibility.  Ultimately, they accepted, of course.  He felt like his main job was to get a quality system in place, not to rush the process.

Dan assures me that Williams has a large supply of parts.  He described it as four pallets of parts.  He is confident that they will be able to fully service warrantied pistols for "years" to come.  He also stated that the guns run very well, and he doesn't expect an onslaught of claims.   He did not say, but he implied, that by the time the parts run out, Remington will be making new versions of the R9. 

I think this is the best assurances we can hope for at this point.  He seemed genuinely concerned that Rohrbaugh customers would be supported and pleased with Remington.

Wow, that's great news, and very reassuring.
Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow.
Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt.
               —The Wisdom of Laotse, 236

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 11:54:21 PM »
Repeat: Williams is not performing Rohrbaugh warranty work.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 08:56:52 AM »
The quote I posted is from a thread several years old.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline boscobarbell

• Sharpshooter
  • Guns, Knives, and Liquor
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 02:37:29 PM »
Repeat: Williams is not performing Rohrbaugh warranty work.

But they are still performing repairs for a fee?
Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow.
Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt.
               —The Wisdom of Laotse, 236

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 02:47:11 PM »
That was the message given to me but you may want to verify with someone in charge there.

Offline hoserack

• Sharpshooter
  • #R2660
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 08:37:48 PM »
Wow!
I wasn't expecting so many replies.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll call to see if they have the stainless screws.
I love my R9, I've been carrying it for years.

Offline hoserack

• Sharpshooter
  • #R2660
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 08:40:52 PM »
Thanks for the offer Jet Boater, I'll take you up on the black screws.
I'll PM you in a minute.