Author Topic: Remington Bankruptcy  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Groundhog34

Remington Bankruptcy
« on: March 24, 2021, 02:58:31 PM »
What is going on with the R9 now that Remington has declared bankruptcy?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Remington Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 05:30:54 PM »
As far as I know Remington only produced the RM380, which was based on the Rohrbaugh design with several changes and an inexpensive MSRP. 

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 06:32:30 PM »

Don't know, they look fine to me...........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43a7Z7fvm-E

;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 09:21:37 PM »
Looks like a great trigger pull.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 09:31:08 PM »
I have a very early RM380. S.N. ending with 0098.  It actually shoots and handles well. I absolutely hate the mag release because it doesn't work on this type of backup gun, but what the heck do I know. I'm glad they listened to me and kept the aluminum frame. They were going to go with a polymer frame but I insisted that they are buying a boutique pistol and if they change the frame to a plastic frame, good luck with that!  To their credit, they did stay with the metal frame on these pistols. In ref. to warranty work on R9s. . . . . I think that's done with their bankruptcy. I believe that they are out of business at this point.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline boscobarbell

• Sharpshooter
  • Guns, Knives, and Liquor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »
FWIW, I absolutely love my RM380.  So much so that I had it hard-chromed (the Remington finish from the factory is awful).  I upgraded mine with the Galloway spring kit, and the trigger is very nice now.  I should also point out that it has fed and fired EVERY type of round I have attempted, no small feat for today's micro market. 

It was that love of the RM380 at lead me to the Rohrbaugh, and all I can say is that the R9 is better in EVERY way than the Remington (save that it is a touch ammo-picky, but that is a small price to pay to shoot 9mm out of this little package).

Those who dream of the banquet, wake to lamentation and sorrow.
Those who dream of lamentation and sorrow wake to join the hunt.
               —The Wisdom of Laotse, 236

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 06:34:35 AM »

Don't know, they look fine to me...........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43a7Z7fvm-E

Interesting how they are utilizing the internet search engine by naming it "R9" Razor. LOL. They got something out of their purchase of our company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngKqOvvYN9o

;D
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.