Author Topic: Problem at the range yesterday  (Read 4021 times)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Problem at the range yesterday
« on: October 07, 2021, 09:39:40 AM »
Shot the R9 (30 rounds of Lawman 124) without a problem.  When I went to disassemble the pistol for cleaning, the threaded wheel that holds the recoil spring assembly together had unscrewed itself and fell off.  I had this happen twice before.  The first time was just after I received the piece from Eric so I sent him the parts and he put it back together.  Then I happened again not too long ago and I got it back together.  This time I slathered the post with Loctite Blue and reassembled the spring assembly.  I suspect this could have damaged the pistol had it happened when I was firing; just really glad I quit when I did!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Problem at the range yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 07:52:35 PM »
PM sent today. . . . . Columbus Day

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 12:18:19 PM »
Thank you Eric.  I think all is well.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 09:48:43 AM »
Thank you Eric.  I think all is well.
John

Just so you folks are in the loop. . . . . .

John and I spoke and he actually has everything back in order. He is quite the resourceful gentleman!

His R9 is alive and well thanks to John himself. All I did was phone him and give him my thoughts and support, however, he already had it taken care of!  Love it!

Enjoy your weekend folks.

The wife and I are with family celebrating our grandson's 9th Birthday today!  Yee-Haw!

Regards to All,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 09:54:06 AM »
Heck, it was all I could do to keep Eric from leaping on his bike with a tool kit and roaring down here to Florida to fix it himself…a great guy to know, great to talk to, and a great gentleman!
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »
Thank You, good Sir!   

Lord knows I try to do the right thing.

That's how our Parents brought Karl and me up post-WWII. . . . The Right Way!  Ha haa. . . .