Author Topic: Rohrbaugh R9 spotted in Hamilton, Ohio  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Phlip

Rohrbaugh R9 spotted in Hamilton, Ohio
« on: August 30, 2021, 10:56:00 AM »
A few weeks ago, I was in Ohio and Indiana visiting some of my wife's family. We stopped at Center Mass Defense in Hamilton, Ohio. Being from out of state, I was mainly looking at accessories and reloading stuff. I was shocked when I walked past the handgun cases and happened to se a Rohrbaugh there. It was an R9 and looked to be in very good shape. I fondled it a minute and then handed it to George(wife's cousin's husband). We gave it back to the employee then left to go get our wives at the antiques store we dropped them at after spotting the gun shop.

My wife wanted to know if I was going to buy it...good question. I'd wanted one for years and had only seen one at a gun show years ago.

I though about it for about 2 weeks. I couldn't resist so I called the gun shop, paid for the Rohrbaugh and got them in touch with my favorite local toy store, uh gun shop so it could be shipped to them.

I own a Rohrbaugh!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 11:03:11 AM by Phlip »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh R9 spotted in Hamilton, Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 08:55:00 AM »
Congrats on your score!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »
Awesome to have you here Phlip (and your new handgun).

Lots of folks know every nook and cranny of that gun.  Ask any question you can think of and they will show you the vastness of the knowledge base.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Phlip

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 07:58:09 PM »
Thanks guys. Though it took me several years to finally get a Rohrbaugh, it was much better than my lust for a Seecamp. It took me about 25 years of wanting one to finally get one. I waited long enough on the Seecamp that I had gotten used to the little Keltecs.

A few months back, I also scored another gun I had wanted for decades, a new S&W 642. I bought a 637 30 or so years ago but it just wasn’t the same.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:31:23 AM by Phlip »

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »
Well Phlip you are on a roll!  Time to think about a Barrett .50?   ;)
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Phlip

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2021, 09:33:06 AM »
Well Phlip you are on a roll!  Time to think about a Barrett .50?   ;)

Well, I have been looking at a .50...Beowolf 50 upper for an Ar. I just haven't decided between it and one of the 45 calibers for it.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 09:03:24 AM »
Well, heck!  I thought I was joking….
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis