Author Topic: Farmingdale R9 Blue carbon grips value  (Read 2210 times)

Offline andyzx6r

Farmingdale R9 Blue carbon grips value
« on: October 16, 2021, 03:40:20 PM »
Hello,

I am trying to determine a ball park value on my R9.  It is in mint condition and comes with box docs, and 3 mags.  Anyone have a educated guess?

Thanks for any input.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CWXfduDiIASA58prifRy6J0hubrb9mJt/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q0FOFHt0qb5TGmmXX2RBHx6SWH1TnR8f/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jRaIRGeWkdsXF_KB0aTpOkw2hr8PARwI/view?usp=sharing

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Farmingdale R9 Blue carbon grips value
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 08:15:43 PM »
Good Evening Andy,

I have tried to access the links you have but I can not access it. Photos of the pistol would certainly help with identifying it as an early Farmingdale model and also its condition. Another thing to keep in mind is it has been some 7 plus years since the sale of our company and with the current issue of COVID and loss of people's jobs, there may be an overall decline in what people will now pay for anything. Just something to keep in mind. I could be wrong in my thinking, but that's the way I feel about values today for anything. Again, photographs would certainly help with a value assessment for you. The blue carbon fiber grip panels are a huge plus!

Look forward to hearing your reply here.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline andyzx6r

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:55:50 AM »
Thanks for such a quick response.  I hope I corrected the issue with the images.

Offline andyzx6r

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 10:56:44 AM »
Here are a couple more.

Offline andyzx6r

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 10:57:12 AM »
Last one.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
Can't help with the value, but I can say that is a very nice set up.  Getting harder and harder to find such a clean well taken care of package.

Good Luck.

Offline andyzx6r

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 02:44:48 PM »
Thanks Mike.  I am just finding a broad range of pricing when doing the best research I can.

Offline str@ng

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 08:42:27 PM »
Much less well taken care of R9 Stealths are going for $1,400 to $1,800 on GunBroker. I may or may not have acquired one or more there recently. And if I as a collector, we’re buying more (which at some point a guy just has to stop collecting them…haha) I would pay up to $2,100 without hesitation.

But as Eric mentioned over last 3-4 months they were selling fast at $1,800 now they are sitting for $1,400. You may be okay anywhere between $1,400 and $1,975 in my opinion.

But I am a very new collector(Q1 2021, I try to learn fast). And a buy now type of guy.

Not sure if it helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline str@ng

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 08:44:30 PM »
All I will say is you may be the only blue carbon gripped R9 on the market if you were to sell now. And no I’m not discussing how I may or may not be watching the market.

Offline andyzx6r

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 02:56:31 PM »
Thanks Str@ng.  I am torn to sell but if I do it is only going to fund another investment.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 04:50:50 PM »
Your gun is worth what someone at any given time is willing to pay for it. I like to use GunBroker sometimes when I am unsure of a guns value. Placing it on there with a realistic reserve and a low starting bid generates a lot of interest and followers. Good luck!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 06:24:10 PM »
Much less well taken care of R9 Stealths are going for $1,400 to $1,800 on GunBroker. I may or may not have acquired one or more there recently. And if I as a collector, we’re buying more (which at some point a guy just has to stop collecting them…haha) I would pay up to $2,100 without hesitation.

But as Eric mentioned over last 3-4 months they were selling fast at $1,800 now they are sitting for $1,400. You may be okay anywhere between $1,400 and $1,975 in my opinion.

But I am a very new collector(Q1 2021, I try to learn fast). And a buy now type of guy.

Not sure if it helps.

Well, now, I have been busy with other things and just jumped on here to read this. I must say I concur with Str@ng here.
I do believe he has nailed it pretty much on value. The R160 serial number is extremely early. It is amongst our first batch actually. Each batch was a container of 48 frames and we had two containers of frames I started assembling at that time.
R160 would be the 59th frame that has the updated barrel pin bearing surfaces a full 360 on both sides of the frames. The handful of first R9 pistols we did had only about 70-75 percent coverage on the right-hand side. They worked fine, but we wanted better and stronger, so the update code for us at the factory was to add the capital "R" prefix to the serial numbers.

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline andyzx6r

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2021, 11:31:07 AM »
Thanks for your input Eric.  Your knowledge is such a great resource within this community!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2021, 06:33:07 PM »
Thank You Andy. . . . . . . I enjoy helping while I still can.

Enjoy your weekend good Sir!

Regards,

Eric R.