Author Topic: Rohrbaugh Tools  (Read 2205 times)

Offline msmungo

Rohrbaugh Tools
« on: January 23, 2022, 12:39:01 PM »
Does anyone have a source for the reassembly tools that were once made by some of our members before they passed away? My arthritis in my hands is getting the the best of me with small gun parts
Stewart
Life Member

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 01:43:11 PM »
I believe Brian makes a tool that might help you out.
Brian@DesignerGrips.com
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 04:40:30 PM »
Here is a forum link that discusses these tools in some detail and even provides directions for making your own PVC tool that is very helpful in lining up the pin hole in the frame for assembly and disassembly. Otherwise,  there is no known source except that a few of them appear for sale on the forum occasionally.
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=3364.0
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 04:42:02 PM by tracker »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 05:23:15 PM »
Thank you guys that chime in right away with great information on the R9 for those in need of help.

I don't think I could do it as well as you do! 

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 07:29:13 PM »
Thanks, but we are just the messengers; You, Karl, Duane and others are the real enablers of this collegial forum that has served us so well.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 07:39:04 PM by tracker »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 08:28:45 AM »
Here is a forum link that discusses these tools in some detail and even provides directions for making your own PVC tool that is very helpful in lining up the pin hole in the frame for assembly and disassembly. Otherwise,  there is no known source except that a few of them appear for sale on the forum occasionally.
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=3364.0

Great link! Has anyone heard from him lately? I wonder how he's doing?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 10:36:42 AM »
If you mean Richard, I have not heard from him in quite awhile. Further, I just talked to him today and he and his wife are spending the winter in California where she owns a townhouse. He told me that the reports of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 02:14:22 PM by tracker »

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 07:18:34 PM »
It's funny, I was thinking of RichardS a few months back and tried googling him.  It's been several years since we have seen him here.  I always enjoyed reading his posts and he is a true Gentleman.  I'm glad to hear he is doing ok.  I guess he remarried...

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 07:22:55 PM »
He told me that he has been unable to access the forum because of a password issue. A true, well educated gentleman he sounded healthy and in good spirits.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 08:08:01 PM »
Thanks, but we are just the messengers; You, Karl, Duane and others are the real enablers of this collegial forum that has served us so well.

Thanks Tracker. . . . . We do what we can here.

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2023, 01:51:18 PM »

RJ Hedley was one of the first guys that made a brass tool. I have one somewhere.
I can understand how it is needing a strong two hands to disassemble and reassemble the R9. I rarely used a tool, but someday....

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2023, 07:44:40 AM »
The PVC pipe trick and a slightly modified BUS puller are all you need to make this former chore easy.  The plastic puller just needs a bit of a cut-out in one of the jaws to make it perfect for compressing and placing the recoil spring/guide rod assembly.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis