Author Topic: Remington RM380  (Read 3903 times)

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Remington RM380
« on: March 14, 2022, 08:21:43 AM »
I decided to pick up a RM380 for the hell of it. I started looking on GB and all the other gun sites for a new one or at least a perfect one. Has anyone else noticed the scarcity of these firearms lately and the increase of their prices?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Remington RM380
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 10:06:14 AM »

I have a friend in "buying mode" and when he tells me prices on things like a Ruger 10/22 or a Glock 17 -- my jaw drops.  Prices are very high across the board.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 12:10:43 PM »
Ashame, we didn't connect back in the fall, probably we could have come to an agreement for a fair price on the NIB one I had.  I noticed even then that weren't too many new ones out there...I guess maybe because they weren't producing them for a while?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 04:38:18 PM »
I happen to have a very low s.n. RM380. . . . . . . Hmmmm. . . . . . I shoots very nice. . . . . . Reminds me of an R9.

But! . . . . . . . . . . I'm going to hold on to it. It really is a nice addition to the R9s that I have.

It sort of "completes" the set, if you will. . . . . i.e. Rohrbaugh through Remington.

If you can find an RM380, don't hesitate, grab it! 

Now, my brother has his RM380 also. Karl is not using his at all and was considering selling it.

I'll ask him if he'd like to let it loose and let you know here.

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 04:42:49 PM »
Thanks Eric!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 05:06:44 PM »
Well. . . . . . I just got off the phone with brother Karl.

He thought about it but, like me, felt that the way we acquired those pistols during the time we were both working with Remington at their R&D facility in Kentucky and they offered us RM380 pistols from the first batch with the s.n. ending in 0098 & 0099 that we should probably keep them to "Complete The Set".

Sorry, no RM380s available from the Rohrbaughs. . . . . . yet.    ::)

ecr
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 05:09:30 PM »
Thanks for thinking of me!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 09:20:33 PM »
It seemed like only a few months ago you could find them for $<200.  Now not so much.

Last gun show I went to (helped work a table) I saw some strange prices.  PSA AKs were down from $1,100 to $900.  Could not find a .22 semi-auto for less than $300 (used).  AR parts still a little high, but cheap China crap is starting to show up resembling the higher end US parts.  Suppressor 'parts kits', solvent traps, have dried up........guessing due to increased BATFE activity.  Not many folks trying to sell their stuff.  However did see one deal, bolt action 16 gauge, Mossberg in nice condition went for $50, guy walked in with it.  Ammo re-sellers getting stuck with overpriced inventory as box stores get shelves filled.

We are in strange times, no telling from one week to another what is hot.

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 01:24:40 PM »
If anyone is interested, check this out.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/927507906

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2022, 07:37:20 PM »
NIB. . . . . $299 . . . . . . If I needed one, that would be a no brainer. Buy it!  LOL

Keep in mind that the frame is aluminum, not plastic. It handles very much like an R9 and they do shoot well.

I know, I have one.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Happy Spring!

ecr

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2022, 09:35:27 PM »
I bought one.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2022, 03:06:14 PM »
Good! You won't regret it Norm. I would be interested to hear your take on it as you were an avid collector of the R9 pistols. I still have that photo of your collection when we met years ago and they were laid out as a display. Great shot that was, and so many!

ecr