Author Topic: Rumors of RM380 Restart Denied  (Read 3643 times)

Offline FoundFather

Rumors of RM380 Restart Denied
« on: July 22, 2022, 06:07:25 PM »
There has been a lot of speculation and rumors around the "new" Remington restarting production of the RM380.  As much as would like to see this happen, there is a post over on the Seecamp forum by someoen who called Remington, who denied any intention to restart production.  Bummer.

I would post a link to the Seecamp forum positng, but I'm not sure if that is allowed  :-X
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 06:29:34 PM by FoundFather »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Rumors of RM380 Restart Denied
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 02:42:50 PM »

It's allowed on this end! 

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline FoundFather

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 03:26:07 PM »

It's allowed on this end!

Cool!  I am trying to toe the line here. 

Here is the thread:  http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1644295687/45  Guy who called Remington is in post 54. 

There is some discussion of fake sites purporting to sell brand new RM380's that people should be aware of.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 09:34:19 AM »
Well it looks like it is not available to some of us unwashed masses.  Guess you must be a member to view that thread.

Can you give us a brief description about the part with the fake sites?  Are they used selling as new or what?

Offline FoundFather

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »
Apparently they are completely bogus sites that take your money and send you nothing.  One was only accepting payemnt in Bitcoin and other crypto, of course that is a red flag.  There were two URL's:

https://remingtonarmsusa.com/remington-rm380-380-acp-carry-conceal-pistol/    This site is no longer active, but if you Google it there are reports all over the web that it was a straight up scam.

There is anotehr one with similar URL that is still up:  https://remingtonusaguns.com/product/remington-rm380-380-acp-carry-conceal-pistol/

I couldn't find any reviews of it, but I think it is also a scam.  Website is still active and requires payemnt via Zelle.  Of course, there has been al ot of publicity about Zelle scams online lately as well.

Due to Remington's bankruptcy, there is a fair amount of confusion regarding what they are producing, wht the exact company name is, what their website URL is, etc., and scammers are diving in to take advantage.  Beware!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 04:54:48 PM »
Ok, got it.

Thanks.