Author Topic: FS: R9s (Farmingdale model NIB) *SOLD*  (Read 5767 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: FS: R9s (Farmingdale model NIB) *SPF*
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »

Too blue? Say it ain't so.

Offline FloridaCCW

• Master
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:20 PM »

;D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
Well they have a new owner now, maybe they will come forward when they receive it and give there interpretation of the color.  ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »

Love those Blues!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 09:59:13 AM »
I edited my last post to make it more clear -- these are "blue" CF grips.  The amount of blue tint is just less than later grips.  But, this is what the R-Bros intended!
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »
You can tell there is some blue, when looking at the tip of the grip in the picture showing the serial number.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 10:11:17 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Marshbrook

• Sharpshooter
Re: FS: R9s (Farmingdale model NIB) *SOLD*
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2011, 05:06:14 PM »
Hello to all.... I just received R419 today, and I am really proud to say this is my first Rohrbaugh, the entire package was in 100% "mint condition" as stated by the seller, who by the way was a real pleasure to deal with! I would also like to thank Yankee 2500 for posting the pistol here in the classifieds after he heard about it...Thanks John...  there seemed to be some questions about the grips being black or blue cf's....I am no expert, but from what I can tell, the grips are exactly what DD Gator thought they might be, darker with "blue" highlights or specs running through them, they are really very sharp looking on this pistol. I also noticed on the manuals if you look close, the cf grips on the guns pictured on the front cover seem to be darker with the "blue" highlights or specs running through them also.... can anyone tell me more about the R9s on the slide and what makes it rarer?  :)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 05:30:20 PM »

Here is the answer to your question: very few with the "s" suffix left the factory.

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1125535391

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2011, 05:40:25 PM »
Hello to all.... I just received R419 today, and I am really proud to say this is my first Rohrbaugh, the entire package was in 100% "mint condition" as stated by the seller, who by the way was a real pleasure to deal with! I would also like to thank Yankee 2500 for posting the pistol here in the classifieds after he heard about it...Thanks John...  there seemed to be some questions about the grips being black or blue cf's....I am no expert, but from what I can tell, the grips are exactly what DD Gator thought they might be, darker with "blue" highlights or specs running through them, they are really very sharp looking on this pistol. I also noticed on the manuals if you look close, the cf grips on the guns pictured on the front cover seem to be darker with the "blue" highlights or specs running through them also.... can anyone tell me more about the R9s on the slide and what makes it rarer?  :)

Marshbrook.  Congrats on getting the R419.  Really a sharp R9.  What tracker said and the indicated post.  Do enjoy!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »

I was somewhat surprised by the 419 S/N having an "s" suffix since there weren't any of those produced past 2004; however, as we have learned, chronology of R9 S/Ns is not sequential.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:47:55 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2011, 05:50:34 PM »
Very true.  They were somewhat scattered in the serial no. ranges.

Offline Marshbrook

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
Thanks tracker that is an interesting post about the R9s being stamped on the slide....has there ever been a rough estimate how many slides were sent out this way...also do any of the Deer Park slides have the R9s stamped on them?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:38 PM »
Marshbrook, Congratulations on that fine pup.
  Posting it here was the least I could do after Bill contacted me about buying it.
I was glad it was a forum member who got it, it was a deal at $1200 shipped considering it was new in the box.
   I hope you enjoy it.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 06:48:50 PM »
No unaltered Deer Park guns were shipped with the "s" suffix. If anyone disagrees with that generalization, please correct me. I don't think any one knows the number of R9s guns that left the factory.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:50:37 PM by tracker »