Author Topic: Rohrbaugh for sale  (Read 10453 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh for sale
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 06:36:06 AM »
Looks like the slide from what they called the “custom” edition. Very rare.

That is correct. We had a few slides done that color and a few other colors as samples for future models. This was sold as a "Custom" R9 at a time somewhere around 2012, if memory serves me correctly guys. I liked it by the way. An "interesting" look and only a handful of those were made.

Eric R.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:46:49 AM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 07:45:58 AM »
Strange stuff the slide has the USA instead of the u.s.a.

The engravings have special significance to us at the shop as code to the generation of slide. Changing the Deer Park, NY from script to block lettering with no dots in between the USA signified the change of material from 17-4ph T651SS to 416SS. Add in the dots between the U.S.A. signified moving the firing pin location .002" to the left to center it on the primer of the 9mm round.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 07:48:14 AM by ECR »
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:17 AM »
My Custom is basically a Special Forces with a green slide.  It has a black frame, black VZ grips, black barrel, and all black hardware. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 01:41:27 PM »
I remember that gun Phil! Nice! Oh, BTW. . . . Still looking for that darned prototype sighted Coyote slide!  I'll find that son of a gun one day!  lol

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 07:50:54 PM »
I remember that gun Phil! Nice! Oh, BTW. . . . Still looking for that darned prototype sighted Coyote slide!  I'll find that son of a gun one day!  lol

Does Rem have it in a box of parts?

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 08:09:07 PM »
that is the one you sent me. 👍🏻😳

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
Some frames went to Remington Phil.

Yes! They wanted to find out how PROFESSIONALS build a gun...........sorry. I'll go over here. ::) ::) ::)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »

Wait a minute now. . . . You mean the tan slide was sent out to you Tat!? If so, do you remember when?

(crap - I must be losing it! - lol)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 03:14:22 PM »
Some frames went to Remington Phil.

Yes! They wanted to find out how PROFESSIONALS build a gun...........sorry. I'll go over here. ::) ::) ::)

LOL

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2017, 03:21:38 PM »

Wait a minute now. . . . You mean the tan slide was sent out to you Tat!? If so, do you remember when?

(crap - I must be losing it! - lol)

I'm still waiting.  Tat, do you have a pic with the frame you mounted it on?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2017, 05:52:42 PM »
This may be the reason I can't find the dog gone thing.