Author Topic: Winter Coming  (Read 5664 times)

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
Winter Coming
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:15:13 PM »
Will not be long and Winter will be with Most of us, Just would like to know how many here keep carrying the R9 or do you change to another because it will be easier to conceal a larger calibur, (Under Jacket or Sweater) I just keep mine in my Vest Pocket of my Jackets.(Yes in a Holster). ??? ??? ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Winter Coming
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:25:55 PM »

Come on, Jack Winter; I stay with the R9 and am grateful for a jacket once in awhile on the gulf coast.

Offline xaman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 10:43:38 PM »
I'll wait and see, as this will be my first winter with an R9.  

And I'll believe winter is actually coming when I feel it!  Man, we need a break from the crazy heat this year in Texas :D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »
I'll wait and see, as this will be my first winter with an R9.  

And I'll believe winter is actually coming when I feel it!  Man, we need a break from the crazy heat this year in Texas :D

My sentiments exactly, NC has been pretty darn hot this year.
  I  guess it will be cooler here by the time I return and it's already much cooler in Ireland.

And to the question my reply is... I still carry a wide variety of guns but my Ultra CDP will see more time in the late part of winter.
  To me they don't really get winter in NC after spending over a half century in the frozen North of NY (south of Buffalo). ;D
  I usually wear short into late November here and then jeans until late February when it starts warming up again. :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:10:17 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »
Will not be long and Winter will be with Most of us, Just would like to know how many here keep carrying the R9 or do you change to another because it will be easier to conceal a larger calibur, (Under Jacket or Sweater) I just keep mine in my Vest Pocket of my Jackets.(Yes in a Holster). ??? ??? ;D

I usually stick to the same, Seecamp and R9, all year.  NC and GA have about the same weather, so no difference in carry mode; front pocket carry.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »

Since I carry my R9 in the pocket, it is my all-seasons EDCW. During wintertime, though, I will sometimes switch from the HK P7 to the Government Model 1911 as a primary.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
two government models, and a pup year round...  (Unless I'm wearing clothes which let me pocket carry my 329NG)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »
two government models, and a pup year round...  (Unless I'm wearing clothes which let me pocket carry my 329NG)

If you carry a 329NG you may have already seen this.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/05/robert-farago/smith-wesson-model-329-pd-44-magnum-revolver-shears-in-half/
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »
WOW!  Now that IS scary!    :o
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
Made me think twice about getting a Scandium frame 44 mag, may just be an anomaly but it is scary for sure.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
I suggest that anyone think twice about buying any new S&W product except maybe a belt buckle, keychain, or ball cap.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:41:08 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 08:51:01 PM »
Made me think twice about getting a Scandium frame 44 mag, may just be an anomaly but it is scary for sure.

Sure glad the .500 Mag is not Scandium.  I'd be in trouble.    ;)  

Offline Nra-Life-Member

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 05:39:01 PM »

Sure glad the .500 Mag is not Scandium.  I'd be in trouble.    ;)  

Roger that! :-X

Offline lws380

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 11:04:02 AM »
Colder weather always creates more carry options, even here in TX.  Plus I'm just tired of the heat, ready for some cooler weather.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
Amen, love that cooler weather!  We actually had some last night here in East Texas.  It was 63 last night.  It  was nice not to go outside at night not sweat!
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE