Author Topic: VZ Grips  (Read 5215 times)

Online cargaritaville

• Grand Master
VZ Grips
« on: April 04, 2015, 09:50:19 AM »
I clicked on the ad on this Forum for VZ Grips, and then on the Rohrbaugh section, and this is what I get......

Whoops, our bad...

The page you requested was not found, and we have a fine guess why.
If you typed the URL directly, please make sure the spelling is correct.
If you clicked on a link to get here, the link is outdated.

Is VZ Grips not selling grips for Rohrbaughs any longer?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
Re: VZ Grips
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:23:09 PM »
I noticed that a few days ago too. They no longer show the R9 on their list of pistols they make grips for.

I'm glad I got mine while they were available!
Ted

Offline ROBARafied

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 01:32:34 AM »
I purchased grips for my R9 directly from VZ just last week. They claim they never sold a single set until they removed them from their website. As of last week, they had both smooth and textured styles available in the G10 material. The wooden ones are not available....shame, that. Contact Reece at info@vzgrips.com to place an order. She was very helpful. Also, Williams Gun Sight is selling all of the remaining grips that the Rohrbaugh factory sourced from VZ. Alex, at Williams, said the units are not labeled so he wanted me to send him a photo, or describe exactly what I was after. I couldn't do either of these things. Also, be aware there seems to be a bit of confusion surrounding grip materials....specifically confusing the G10 material with carbon fiber. That said, I personally care more about matching a grip's thickness, texture, and contour to my hand, than in any fetish for a particular material.       

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 08:37:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum ROBARafied!  I agree with your last statement and appreciate the information.
Stay with us and post often!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Rich3006

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 07:47:07 PM »
I don't know why VZ would claim they never sold a set of grips for a Rohrbaugh.  I bought a set for my first R9.  My 2nd R9 that I bought used also came with a set of VZ grips.  I think also I have seen pics of R9's wearing VZ grips posted by other forum members.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 08:31:16 PM »
I have set also.i don't use them but as we all know they sold the for sure

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 05:29:57 PM »
I have VZ grips on both R9's...believe they sold many (relatively).
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 06:47:48 PM »
Oh they made them alright. During the last few runs we made of the R9 all had the VZ grips on them. They were the nicest grips we ever had for the gun.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.