Author Topic: Went to IHOP yesterday  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
Went to IHOP yesterday
« on: July 05, 2004, 09:09:35 AM »
My wife "declared independence" from our kitchen for breakfast yesterday. She "wanted" IHOP, and after 30yrs of marriage, I "KNOW" when to agree. Nice neighborhood, low crime area, and I'm feeling "lazy", so instead of "packing" a larger firearm, I slip my R9s into my front pocket holster by RJ as I put on a pair of "semi-tight" jeans. While standing, It is not apparent, that I have anything in that pocket. When I sit down, it looks like I'm carring my wallet or a PDA in my front right pocket. No one at IHOP offered a "second" glance, even some "boys in blue." Even with the "odds in my favor," I remember what "happened" at a certain "Lubys" and a "Mickey D's" several years ago, it's a nice feeling having a 9mm in your pocket while washing down french toast with coffee. ;)

Offline doctordun

• Sharpshooter
Re: Went to IHOP yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 11:53:58 AM »
So, I'm not the only one who thinks of Luby's when eating at a restaurant........and glad that I carry.

Offline Texas_Bob

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 01:03:54 PM »
So, I'm not the only one who thinks of Luby's when eating at a restaurant........and glad that I carry.
 "Long before Luby's," a madman intent on "murder" in Calfornia strolled thru a McD,s shooting people who could put nothing more menacing than french fries in their hands. The police surronded the place and tried hostage niegotion(sp?), but the shooter only wanted to kill and keep killing, himself included. Prior to about 1990, the consenses of almost "ever gun writer in the world," was: "There ain't no rules in a gunfight!" First published in Combat Handguns, just prior to 1990(I wish I could remember his name to give credit) was an artical saying there "were rules in a gunfight!" Rule ONE was to have a gun. The "common sense" contained in the artical changed the way "all" writers would modify their later writings about self defense. I'll never forget "two lines" from that long read: "Gunfights happen AT A TIME AND PLACE OF SOME ELSE'S CHOOSING. and secondly, Napoleon once remarked during a critcal battle that he "Would trade half his empire for some platoons." Notice he didn't say "the best," just "some."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 11:29:51 PM »
Yes, there is something very comforting about a 9mm in your pocket . . . very comforting!  

RS

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2004, 12:18:15 AM »
[size=16] "Gunfights happen AT A TIME AND PLACE OF SOME ELSE'S CHOOSING''.[/size]

Bob ...... so true - so true.  I add to that my own caveats ....

''You can NOT make appointments, for emergencies''.

And ... ''Don't assume'' ..... and, ''Expect the unexpected''.

These things enable a more ''realistic'' approach to every day life methinks .. and it ain't paranoia .... it is IMO ''preparedness'' ... that's all.

May we all here only enjoy the comfort of our R9's in the pocket - and NEVER have to fire them in anger.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2004, 07:24:43 AM »
TexasBob
I am pleased to hear the holster is to your liking...Thanks
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 10:12:41 PM »
TeasBob:

Welcome to the Hedley Club.  No offense to the other great gun-leather artisans around here, but RJ really does superb work.  One man, one holster at a time . . . .

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"