Author Topic: Trigger Weight  (Read 2914 times)

dawg23

Trigger Weight
« on: July 17, 2004, 12:03:57 PM »
Has anyone measured the trigger pull weight of the R-9 or the R-9s ??

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Trigger Weight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 03:36:03 PM »
Welcome DAWG!!  :)

Funny- I had not thought to check that out!!  I have tho just this minute done a check on mine .... on a sequence of three pulls it hovers around 7 lbs .. if anything approaching a tad under.

It is tho such a smooth and silky pull that one could be forgiven for thinking it is in fact a lower poundage.  I have little problem with poundage on triggers .... ''smooth'' counts for way more ... and R9 has that!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 05:40:35 PM »
dawg23:

Welcome to the Forum.

I agree with Chris on the trigger pull of the Rohrbaugh.  Mine seems to have settled in at around seven smooth and silky pounds.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 05:02:06 PM »
I first got used to DA trigger pulls on semiautos with my PPK/S, which has (getting better with use) a gritty, (feels like) 50lb pull. :P  After a few thousand rounds, it smoothed out but is still heavy as hell. :-/  Then I got my Kahr K-40 and thought I'd died and gone to trigger pull heaven. :)  Then came the R9s, which made the Kahr's trigger seem heavy by comparison. ;D   The only gun I ever owned with a DA trigger almost as good as the R9s was an old S&W Bodyguard which had a trigger job done on it.  Shooting the R9s is as easy (for me) as shooting a 1911 single action.  Sweet!