Author Topic: Should you tell?  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Should you tell?
« on: July 21, 2012, 07:20:16 AM »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Should you tell?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »
My wife, immediate family, and some good friends (including my FFL and a few LEOs) know that I carry a weapon.  I will discuss the subject on this Forum, but I think it's better to keep the BGs guessing.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »
My wife, immediate family, and some good friends (including my FFL and a few LEOs) know that I carry a weapon.  I will discuss the subject on this Forum, but I think it's better to keep the BGs guessing.

+1. Richard, I could not have said it better my self.

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 08:49:44 PM »
Another +1, Richard.  I keep my carry status even closer to the vest than you.
And I don't put any of those cute decals like "I don't dial 9-1-1" in my windows, either.
I think it was Clint Smith, the proprietor of Thunder Ranch, who came up with the best rationale for carrying a concealed weapon:  "Because it's a lot lighter than carrying a policemen!"

Offline 9mm@FortHood

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »

And another +1 with some additions:   +my range personnel and some fellow carriers at the range (that I've seen more than once and engaged in conversation with).  Also no stickers - the 9-1-1 one, NRA, 2nd Amendment, etc.

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »
 +1

Also, I wear no gun related shirts or hats either.

Blend is the word.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:15:56 PM »
Another +1 here.  Yes, 'blend' is the perfect word.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »
http://limatunesrangediary.blogspot.com/2012/06/should-you-tell.html

Who knows you carry? Should you tell?

My truck license plate is a well known rifle caliber.....I have a NRA instructor sticker on the back window..I have an I.C.E. training sticker on the back window..I have a bumper sticker on the back window that reads "God Bless Our troops...Especially Our Snipers"...I wear my Smith and Wesson Armorer hat...I open carry a lot................I have recruited a LOT of members for  our local gun clubs and the NRA...... :)

But I'm covert in my car ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:23:43 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety