Author Topic: More Down Time  (Read 16254 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
More Down Time
« on: February 10, 2022, 07:59:30 AM »

Sorry for some more down time and weirdness!  We are having some database errors and we may need to do something drastic.  I know everyone want to preserve all the info in the forum.

Tech Guy is working on it.  Not sure if we will have to throw some money at the problem...  I will report back when I know something more concrete.

-DDGator (Duane)

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: More Down Time
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 06:44:01 PM »
Thank you Duane. Whatever we need to do, I believe it would be worth it. The people here and the information and history of the R9 Series Pistols, the design that started "The World's Smallest and Lightest 9mm Handgun" craze, should continue on!
As I told my brother Karl at the time:  "There's only one number one, and we have to be that one!"
I said that to him in the fall of 2001 as we were coming into 2002 just post the 9/11 Terrorist Attacks.
And by golly, we made it happen during the January 2002 S.H.O.T. Show!

ECR
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 09:02:25 AM »
Hospitalized w/covid;  would be happy to help when/if I van.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 11:26:44 AM »
Duane - Many of us have helped in the past and I'm sure would be willing to do so again.  Its been several years, and if I'm not mistaken its probably time again...

BackupR9 - I hope you get better soon! Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery my friend.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 02:26:18 PM »

Get well soon!!!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 10:01:04 PM »
Yes, get better backup.

Take care of yourself!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 08:17:34 AM »

Getting better Backupr9??
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 08:51:52 AM »
Thank!  Tryin’.  Still in hospital.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 09:26:03 AM »
Thank!  Tryin’.  Still in hospital.

PM sent.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 09:29:54 AM »

Sorry for some more down time and weirdness!  We are having some database errors and we may need to do something drastic.  I know everyone want to preserve all the info in the forum.

Tech Guy is working on it.  Not sure if we will have to throw some money at the problem...  I will report back when I know something more concrete.

-DDGator (Duane)

A lot of us have Rohrbaugh "stuff" hanging around in boxes. Why not have us sell these items and donate the proceeds to Duane for expenses?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 08:54:42 PM »

Backup -- hope you are well!

Give me a little bit of time to figure out what we might need to do.  We could probably update to a newer version of the current forum software.  The expense might be more "labor" than anything.  I unfortunately can't do this myself, but my friend TechGuy has been doing this from the beginning.  We used to make some money here and there which I would send to him for his work and the ongoing costs of maintaining the server.   Let me see what he thinks we should do.

-Duane

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 05:59:55 PM »
I'm sure we can salvage this somehow. I am certainly not a computer tech guy, but someone must know what to do to update things for us. Whatever it is, I'm also sure that we who use the forum will be able to pitch in with the cash flow to keep things running smoothly for everyone to continue to enjoy themselves here. The members on this forum are some of the best people anywhere! I like to call you all friends.

Keep us posted Duane, please. I'm sure your guy will figure things out and whatever he needs to make it happen, let us know and we'll make it work.

Eric R.