Author Topic: Interesting Article on Growth in CCW Permits  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Interesting Article on Growth in CCW Permits
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:57:54 PM »
Richard.  Interesting facts and the SC incident, close to home.  You just never know.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »
   Richard, good article, and for MSNBC quite fairly written. I was surprised at both the lack of hyperbole and  biased reporting. That said, why don't I feel better about the battle to preserve our rights? somehow I feel that we are winning the battles but losing the war. Maybe I'm just getting old (older) or maybe it's paranoia but it feels like the way of life that we've had is slipping away.Or maybe it's just the meandering thoughts of an old man on a cold Sunday morning. Anyway, thanks for the post.       Gene
birdman

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »
Richard,
I just went to renew my Michigan CPL (Michigan-speak: CPL = concealed pistol license) a few weeks ago.  The whole process  took about an hour, even with the hassle of passing thru courthouse (strict) security, paying the fees to the county clerk and then driving over to the Records office for fingerprinting.  In the Records office they had two fingerprint machines going, and a sign posted apologizing for the long wait due to heavy CPL demand.  The sign went on to say that a third system was on order and would be in operation shortly.
Wayne County (Detroit) is a lot bigger hassle than Oakland county, but Michigan has gotten the message that armed citizens do not generally go around shooting the place up.
Does anyone on the forum have any figures on the percentage of CCW holders who commit gun crimes?
This turn of events must drive the Liberal "projectors" (in the psychological sense) up the wall.  ;D

Steve

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 06:45:04 PM »
I don't know about percentages but the below link is from a highly suspicious and unconfirmed source that is very much against guns and concealed carry. Take it with a grain of salt. This approach is specious logic because one could ask how many people would have been killed or injured by guns if we had no concealed carry privileges.

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 10:24:23 PM by tracker »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:12 PM »
Using my state as an example, the Office of Research, Statistics, and Analysis of the Tennessee Department of Safety reported in June 2009 that, during the year 2008, the state issued 62,185 handgun carry permits, while it suspended only 344 permits and revoked only 263 others.  

http://www.dmvusa.com/statelink.php?id=676

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"