Author Topic: How guns are used in America  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
How guns are used in America
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:51:52 PM »
http://americangunfacts.com/

How guns are used in America
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
Re: How guns are used in America
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:12:26 PM »
Thanks for the post.
The information is very informative.
Unfortunately Main Stream will ignore the facts because it goes against pushing their agenda.
Sometimes I have to scratch my head and wonder what "agenda pushers" truly think...
Do they know the facts to be false, but push their agenda regardless, or do they have wilful
blindsness to the true facts?

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:01:50 AM »
You'll never see those numbers published in a major newspaper.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:50:36 AM »
Thanks for the post.
The information is very informative.
Unfortunately Main Stream will ignore the facts because it goes against pushing their agenda.
Sometimes I have to scratch my head and wonder what "agenda pushers" truly think...
Do they know the facts to be false, but push their agenda regardless, or do they have wilful
blindsness to the true facts?

A lot of them know full well that their facts are wrong, but they are cynically intent on exploiting them for personal political gain. Others are more sinister and want to disarm the people in order more easily to control them. And a few, I think, are simply "hoplophobes" -- a term coined by Colonel Jeff Cooper to describe "persons with a morbid fear of guns."

I had a paralegal in my law firm in Washington, D. C., who was a classic "hoplophobe." She and a friend once made an unannounced Saturday visit to a small horse farm I maintained in the Maryland countryside back in the 1980s. When they arrived, I happened to be setting up some  targets at a pistol firing range I had constructed in a natural depression on the back side of the farm. I had never before seen a reaction such as hers to the mere sight of a 1911, slide locked back and open, resting on the shooting bench along with a couple of magazines and a box of cartridges. She actually turned white, muttered some excuse, and immediately left with her friend.

The following Monday morning at the office I asked her the reason she and her friend had left so quickly after arriving at the farm. Her response was, "I'm terrified of guns!"

Strange phobia . . . but she was a superb paralegal.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:09:15 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
Richard that is a remarkable story.  It can be difficult for us gun owners to understand such a fear of an inanimate object.  But to people like that, the fear is similar to others fatal fear of ALL snakes.  Which too is based on ignorance.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE