Author Topic: Brain fart  (Read 3743 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Brain fart
« on: January 12, 2018, 02:18:21 PM »
 We had a ice storm last night and are getting up to 8 inches of snow today. I sold two items on G-broker and told the buyers they would go out today. The PLAN was to get out after the ice but before the snow.

I went out to warm up the car and discovered that I left BOTH remote openers in the car with the garage door now closed. After 3-4 calls I found a company that could have a guy here in 60 minutes. He called to say he was outside so I went out to meet him. He asked "have you tried the keypad?" Feeling like a total idiot I said no. I hit the keypad code and the door opened. It was a $30 lesson, actually $40, because of the weather I gave him a tip.

Anyone else had a 'brain fart' lately? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
Re: Brain fart
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »
I don't have a story to share but I have to say thanks for sharing that one.
After a long work day, drive home in freezing rain, dodging accidents...you made me laugh 😅
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:38:49 PM »
LOL ~ That, my dear constituents, is what they call: "A Whoops". . . . (of the highest degree.)

Congratulations Kevin. . . . . . . You are human!  Ha haa . . . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 08:30:28 AM »
We had a ice storm last night and are getting up to 8 inches of snow today. I sold two items on G-broker and told the buyers they would go out today. The PLAN was to get out after the ice but before the snow.

I went out to warm up the car and discovered that I left BOTH remote openers in the car with the garage door now closed. After 3-4 calls I found a company that could have a guy here in 60 minutes. He called to say he was outside so I went out to meet him. He asked "have you tried the keypad?" Feeling like a total idiot I said no. I hit the keypad code and the door opened. It was a $30 lesson, actually $40, because of the weather I gave him a tip.

Fortunately, I haven’t had a “Brain Fart” lately, but several years ago I had one with a tactical 12-gauge shotgun I had just purchased. Wanting to mount a tac light on the beast,” I ordered a Streamlight ProTac light and a mounting bracket for it.

The mounting bracket arrived before the light did. Being in an impatient frame of mind, I decided not to wait for the Streamlight and fitted to the mount an ordinary MagLight I had lying around. I then headed out into the night to put my “Rube Goldberg” rig to the test.

Never being one to do things by half, I loaded some 3” Magnum 00-Buck shells in the weapon’s tube, turned on the “mighty” MagLight, and sent a blast down-range shooting from the hip.

When the smoke cleared, I was standing in the dark three feet back from the firing line with the guts of the MagLight (batteries and bulb included) scattered on the ground in front of me.

“Brain Fart.”  🤬

Lesson learned: “Never take shortcuts with your tactical gear.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:32:19 AM »
LOL ~ Good one Richard.

Good to see you here. Happy New Year to you my friend.

Need to call, but, my bad. . . . I have been very busy with life the past few months.

Hope you are doing well Good Sir.

Will call soon!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:41:46 AM »

Fortunately, I haven’t had a “Brain Fart” lately, but several years ago I had one with a tactical 12-gauge shotgun I had just purchased. Wanting to mount a tac light on the beast,” I ordered a Streamlight ProTac light and a mounting bracket for it.

The mounting bracket arrived before the light did. Being in an impatient frame of mind, I decided not to wait for the Streamlight and fitted to the mount an ordinary MagLight I had lying around. I then headed out into the night to put my “Rube Goldberg” rig to the test.

Never being one to do things by half, I loaded some 3” Magnum 00-Buck shells in the weapon’s tube, turned on the “mighty” MagLight, and sent a blast down-range shooting from the hip.

When the smoke cleared, I was standing in the dark three feet back from the firing line with the guts of the MagLight (batteries and bulb included) scattered on the ground in front of me.

“Brain Fart.”  🤬

Lesson learned: “Never take shortcuts with your tactical gear.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it just shows we are all human.  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one