Author Topic: RM380 Executive model  (Read 4863 times)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
RM380 Executive model
« on: November 29, 2018, 12:33:51 AM »
It looks like Remington has produced and is about to sell an upgraded version of the RM380.

Found an article over at TTAG and thought I would post its link for those interested.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/11/daniel-zimmerman/remington-introduces-the-rm380-executive/

From the Remington Press Release

Huntsville, AL – Remington introduces Model RM380 Executive, an all-metal, micro pistol designed for concealed carry.

A tough, all-metal construction for ultimate durability and longevity, the RM380 also features the longest barrel in its class to maximize muzzle velocity and bullet expansion, while facilitating shooting precision and accuracy. Weighing just 12.2 ounces unloaded and measuring just 5 ¼ inches long, the RM380 is easy for anyone to carry unobtrusively, and with an extended beavertail grip, it facilitates a smooth draw even in suboptimal conditions.

The RM380 also features a light and smooth double-action-only trigger, fully functional low profile slide stop, light slide racking force, and an ambidextrous magazine release. The replaceable grip panels allow for customization while the optimized grip angle allows for greater shootability and comfort.

Model RM380 Key Features and Benefits:

Fully Functional Slide Stop – holds open on last round
    Chambered in .380 Auto
    All-Metal Construction – for durability and longevity (7075 Aluminum Frame)
    410 Stainless Steel Barrel – longest barrel in its class
    Precise Barrel to Slide Lock-Up – for accuracy and precision
    Long, Smooth, Light DAO Trigger – for safety and shootability
    Fully Ambidextrous, Low Profile Magazine Release
    Checkered Front Strap and Trigger Guard Undercut – allows for improved control and higher hand hold
    Optimized Grip Angle – for comfort, recoil management, and increased shootability
    Extended Beavertail – protects hand and promotes correct grip when drawing in suboptimal conditions
    Grip Panels – Laminate Macassar
    (2) 6+1 Magazines – one extended floor plate and one flush
    Wide, Positive Cocking Serrations
    Rugged Fixed Sights – contoured to be snag free
    Light Dual Recoil Spring system – for easy slide racking and lifetime use

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: RM380 Executive model
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 09:18:39 AM »
Is the main difference the silver slide and the grips or is it different internally? ::)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »
It appears to me, for what that is worth, they tried to make it more handsome.

8)

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:01:50 PM »
I believe they are saying that it is an all steel version.
Someone in TTAG comment section said it is better than a Rohrbaugh.
I typed in a nuh uh, no it ain't comment, but erased it and moved on.
If they made it in 9mm, I would jump all over it, but in .380, nah.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 06:26:17 PM »
Not sure where they got the all steel comment Griff.  Clearly states in the press release 7075 Aluminum frame.

I'll go back and check to see your comments.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 10:00:07 AM »
They said that it is all metal.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 04:43:00 PM »
They say All Metal, and that would be correct then. I like what they've done to our gun Ma. lol.

Looks like they are trying to make it look more R9-esk and they did a nice job in my humble opinion, but what do I know. lol

Basically, and personally . . . . . . I think it looks great. They made it look like a Rohrbaugh!

Today's .380 ammo is much better than thirty years ago also, making the .380 something to consider for carry on the personal level today.

Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.