Author Topic: Recover Tactical Charging Handle  (Read 2825 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Recover Tactical Charging Handle
« on: October 03, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »
I'm not usually one for gun gadgets but this one caught my eye. It fits on the back of a slide and assists in racking the slide. I just installed it on a Glock 19 and am very impressed with it so far. Normally, racking a slide in dry daylight is not a problem but this works like a slingshot that would help with wet or oily hands in a stressful situation.
https://www.recovertactical.com/product/gch-charging-handle-for-the-glock-1719222324262735/

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Recover Tactical Charging Handle
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »
I'm not usually one for gun gadgets but this one caught my eye. It fits on the back of a slide and assists in racking the slide. I just installed it on a Glock 19 and am very impressed with it so far. Normally, racking a slide in dry daylight is not a problem but this works like a slingshot that would help with wet or oily hands in a stressful situation.
https://www.recovertactical.com/product/gch-charging-handle-for-the-glock-1719222324262735/
[/color]

For someone like me experiencing the onset of Arthritis in my hands, that is a game changer for sure. Now to find one...they are backordered.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 07:49:02 PM »
At last check they are available for the Glock 43, 48, and 48X. I ordered one of those today.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 08:15:03 PM »
At last check they are available for the Glock 43, 48, and 48X. I ordered one of those today.
I just ordered one for my GlocK 19 Gen 5 MOS through Midway...in stock. Great idea! Thanks Tracker!!!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 09:27:29 PM »
It is well engineered and very functional. I am happy that you were able to find one.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 11:13:00 PM »
Good Find Tracker.

I've only seen the ones that replace the back plate.  They tend to be twice that price.

Really surprised that Lenny Macgill doesn't sell these out of his GlockStore.

Have you guys seen this multi-tool for the Glock?  Thinking about getting one to toss in the range bag.
https://otistec.com/8-in-1-pistol-t-tool/

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 09:45:51 AM by MikeInTexas »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 11:49:01 PM »
Leave it to the Israelis to come up with something clever like this one.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 09:28:38 PM »
Have you gotten the part?

If so how do you like it.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 10:30:24 PM »
I have received four of them and installed two. I love the charging handle because of its high quality, functionality, and enhancement of the sight picture because of the slightly increased horizontal surface. It looks like it belongs on the Glocks.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 12:53:29 AM »
That's great.  I may have to try one out.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2020, 10:55:43 AM »
I was advised by a forum member that the charging handle does not fit the Glock GEN 5s because of the MOS feature on the slide. All other Glocks should be ok.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 08:11:36 PM »
Looks like a neat feature. Sorry I ever gave my son my 1988 Glock 17 with factory extra 2 round mags. I bought that new. It was my favorite high capacity sidearm.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.