Author Topic: Kahr PM 9   --   Rohrbaugh R9s  (Read 13138 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: Kahr PM 9   --   Rohrbaugh R9s
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2004, 10:35:31 AM »
Post the address Photo bucket gives you, let me see what may be wrong.
RJ=

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2004, 10:44:44 AM »
Make sure you type in     (img)on the start    
and    (/img)at the end with no spaces.

like this (img)photo-address(/img)     but use [  ] instead of ( )
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 10:47:17 AM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 10:58:25 AM »

Thanks RJ, I think that I might have it now. Here is another comparison between a Rohrbaugh and a Glock. I also put up a picture of my PM9.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 11:14:38 AM by shooterjb »

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2004, 11:19:20 AM »
Well, I'm pretty convinced the Rohrbaugh has it, hands down,
once you get pass the price.   But that problem exists with many more of my choices in life.   ;D
RJ=

Offline Bandit

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2004, 06:05:19 PM »
Well, I'm pretty convinced the Rohrbaugh has it, hands down,
once you get pass the price.   But that problem exists with many more of my choices in life.   ;D

Not so fast........

Saw this post on KTOG:

http://www.ktog.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=64128#post64128

And although disliked, I think Wilco may have said it best when he stated, "well, once a pc is small enough, and lw enough for a front pants pocket, making it smaller or lighter just hurts the user's ability to hit swiftly and repeatedly.  I think that Kahr stole Mr Rorbaugh's thunder, with their $600, 15 oz, 6" PM9 9mm."

And we STILL haven't seen a photograph of an ACTUAL r9 beside an actual pm9  >:(

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2004, 06:15:37 PM »
I certainly don't believe the Kahr PM-9 is at the point in which it can no longer be made smaller...  I carried one in a pocket for several months before deciding it wasn't an ideal pocket gun.

Besides, the computer analogy is not very good.  If you are using a laptop or handheld frequently, you want the interface to be large enough to be used comfortably and efficiently.  That is different than a firearm which you will use rarely or never.  I don't care if its comfortable, so long as it is functional when needed.

You must really be doing your homework here to dig up that quote...

What do you mean you haven't seen pics of an ACTUAL R-9 and a PM-9?  I have one of the holster-making dummies myself (or Kevin does).  It is exactly the same, except the slide is welded to the frame.  RJ's seems to be missing the internal recoil rod.  So what?  By definition, a holster-making gun has to be identical in size to its counterpart.  In this case, the dummy gun IS the actual gun, just a non-firing model.  I am not sure I see your point.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 06:22:38 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2004, 06:20:56 PM »
Well, Mr Bandit, I did the best that I could, with my photos.  Even though the R9s I posted was a non- firing mock- up, the Kahr was real.  
  This was a size comparison question in the beginning. What is it you are looking for?
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2004, 08:03:26 PM »
Bandit:

I have been reading your posts with some care and interest.  What is your ultimate point?  From where are you coming, and to where are you attempting to go?  

If you do not like the Rohrbaugh design, well and good.  I do.  And so do many others here.  (After all, this is a Rohrbaugh forum.)  If you are an advocate for another design, please let us know and give us the benefit of your accumulated experience and wisdom.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2004, 09:40:30 PM »
DDGator
"You must really be doing your homework here to dig up that quote..."

That would of course be true if Bandit and Wilco weren't one and the same.  Has no one else realized this?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 09:43:40 PM by MurrayNevada »

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2004, 10:22:53 PM »
He certainly has a way with words, they get under your skin. Just give him a liile more rope. :-/
RJ=

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2004, 11:13:56 PM »
Bandit, from your posts it seems clear to me that you decided you'd rather have a Kahr than an R9 quite a while ago.  That's fine - there's a reason the market supports many different designs of pistols.

Your posts seem to have an attitude that you feel it's our job to convince you otherwise, and to provide you the exact data you want.  Your most recent posts seem to be angry that someone hasn't provided you some exact detailed pictures for size comparison.   People have gone through effort to supply those pictures, and still it's not good enough for you because they include a dimensionally accurate holster maker's copy.  

I can't speak for the owner of these forums, but my understanding is this is a forum for talking about the Rohrbaugh, and sharing of knowledge.  That's been done.  This isn't the official Rohrbaugh Customer Service & Sales/Marketing board.

Enjoy your PM9.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 11:34:14 PM by FJC »
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline MurrayNevada

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2004, 11:18:08 PM »
FJC:

Thank you!

Roger - WILCO - Over & Out

Offline Bandit

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2004, 11:34:34 PM »
I notice a [glb]significant difference in proportions[/glb] at muzzle.  Looks like more ''meat'' top and bottom of slide.

By definition, a holster-making gun has to be identical in size to its counterpart.  * * * I am not sure I see your point.

Just looking for a lil' consistency with the prior testimony, er, comments.  I would expect you, Richard S, of all people, to understand what I am talking about.  I am not an advocate for another design, but rather, an advocate for open discussion.  I thought this was America afterall.....

RJ -- I know you did the best you could.  Actually, you have shown more with photos than anybody else was willing.  That is why I previously expressed my great thanks.  R9SCarry's post & photo, however, raised some legit questions about whether the actual r9 has addn'l bulk in its dimensions.  With all the members claiming to own both models, I'd a figured someone coulda posted the two actuals side-by-side.  Maybe my posts raise more questions than praise, but I thought this was a forum where all aspects of the r9 was discussed.....

DDGator -- I don't believe Wilco was making a computer analogy.  I believe by "pc" he meant "primary carry" piece; I could be wrong, but I don't know of many persons who use computers to hit attackers "swiftly and repeatedly" (except perhaps when playing "Doom"  ;D).  BTW, I'm not Wilco, however, I could see myself turning into a version of him if I participate in these gun forums too much longer.  :P

Offline Bandit

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2004, 11:51:59 PM »
Your most recent posts seem to be angry that someone hasn't provided you some exact detailed pictures for size comparison.

FJC, why did they seem angry to you?  Because of the little smiley-angry face?  >:(  ....... ::)

Or are you personally upset with me because you gave an answer with "attitude" to my question about clearing a jam, only to be completely refuted by an experienced dealer who, unlike you, has actually handled this gun?

I ask questions about the r9, because I don't own one (yet).  Curious, however, how you share your knowledge of it.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 01:19:02 AM »
Hi Bandit:

I don't own a PM9, but I have looked at it. It is a compact carry piece. But it is not a pocketgun.

My definition of a pocketgun is one that I can conceal in my right rear pocket.

As the Gun Test review author noted--some of the test shooters preferred the Rohrbaugh to the PM9.

Most of the folks on this board are hard core pocketgun fans. They view pocketguns not as a substitute for a primary defensive pistol, but rather as a supplement.

To compare the Rohrbaugh to the PM9 is like contrasting a Jeep Wrangler with a Vette.