Author Topic: Kahr PM 9   --   Rohrbaugh R9s  (Read 13139 times)

Offline FJC

• Expert
Re: Kahr PM 9   --   Rohrbaugh R9s
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2004, 01:19:41 AM »

FJC, why did they seem angry to you?  Because of the little smiley-angry face?  >:(  ....... ::)

Yes, as posting a sentence with multiple words all in caps, followed by an angry-face icon, does seem to lend itself to being interpreted as anger.

Or are you personally upset with me because you gave an answer with "attitude" to my question about clearing a jam, only to be completely refuted by an experienced dealer who, unlike you, has actually handled this gun?

I ask questions about the r9, because I don't own one (yet).  Curious, however, how you share your knowledge of it.

Sigh.  My post regarding clearing of a jam clearly stated that though I don't own an R9 as of yet, the design is similar to the Kel-Tec P-3AT (in as much as neither has a slide lock).  The actual first sentence of my paragraph on the subject starts, "I do not have my R9 as of yet, so cannot speak directly from experience - however, I doubt it would be any different from similar issues that other small pocket pistols have".  

The experienced dealer you refer to does not refute anyone's claims (and never mentions me or my posting).  I don't think ANYONE has claimed that clearing a jam in the R9 (or any small pocket pistol) is a quick and easy thing.

And with that, I'm officially finished feeding the trolls.
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2004, 12:57:55 PM »
MurrayNevada:

I think you may well have "broken the code."

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2004, 04:38:47 PM »
Hello. I am a new member of this forum. I currently own a Seecamp .32 but have never fired it, much less carried it (I do have a CCW) in addition to a full-size 1911 and some hunting guns (Ruger Bisleys). The PM9 and Rohrbaugh have me intrigued because we are now talking a "real" caliber. Likewise, the new PM40 has me also intrigued. At this time I have not seen, much less handled or fired either a Kahr or Rohrbaugh.

Does the distinction of "pocket" for the Rohrbaugh vs some other form of carry really get to the essence of one's decision making-assuming that price is no object?

Can Rohrbaugh do to the .40 cal what it did to the 9mm?

Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks
Welcome home

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 05:03:26 PM »
rWt - welcome aboard!  :)  Enjoy.

NOT fired the Seecamp??  Shame on ya! :P

I think yes - ''pocket'' is the real factor in the decision process.  Mind you - I might be something of an exception tho because I have a belt slide rig for mine too ..... and in my case that is because when feasable it allows me to carry with prospect of a much quicker access.  Then the gun's appeal is simply ''small is beautiful'' ... with regard to ease of concealment.  So small and flat - very hard to have much problem printing.

Of course, where circumstances (clothing mainly) permit - I carry bigger for sure.  The R9 is not a first choice gun for most part unless it is ''all that is left'' due to constraints.  Overall I'd prefer to think of it as an excellent BUG..... for which pocket is pretty much default way to go.

Re the .40 cal ...... hmmm ... I rather doubt it right now.  For the foreseable future, they will be only able to beaver away at the R9 output - trying their best to meet demand.  No time now for any more large scale R&D I'd think.

The R9 is such an ideal niche gun, I'm not even sure if a progression to a larger cal is even warrented - and size would have to be increased anyways - by default, even if marginal.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.