Author Topic: My will is weakening!  (Read 3863 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
My will is weakening!
« on: August 09, 2004, 09:34:52 PM »
Today - yet again, I failed to strap on my SP-101 .. tho had a clothes layer suitable for concealment.

Instead ... it was once more R9s in right pocket of my Cabellas shorts.  I thought getting those - and the long pants, was great because of such good concealment.  Well ..... too good!

Here I am ... having vowed to hardly use my early S/N R9s for daily carry - and what am I doing?  Yep - it is becoming daily carry!  I know I still have quite a wait for #2 so - guess I just have to forget about keeping this as a safe queen after all!!

But hey - this is what it's for so --  :D

Had a bit of a wierd guy come to door late this afternoon .... something to do with schools ...... of course, he was selling - something.  Unbeknown to him I was lurking behind net curtains whilst my wife was talking to him on the porch.  Hand in pocket .... precautionary of course!  but - had he decided to try anything on, he'd have had one mother of a surprise!  :P

The pup is just so - so - ........ handy!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline shelb

• Expert
Re: My will is weakening!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 10:04:24 PM »
Can't argue with that   :).  I have become comfortable with my weak will and embraced it.  I shudder at the thought of trying to carry my Glock 27 anymore.......well its not exactly a pocket pistol anyway, but it's what I graduated from when I got the R9S  :P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 10:04:47 PM by shelb »

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 08:03:38 PM »
I wonder if other carry choices will evolve-such as IWB, if the R9's evolve to primary carry.
Welcome home

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 09:23:06 PM »
Chris:

Your story reminds me of something which happened to my wife and me on a drive down a one-lane mountain road miles from anywhere about three weeks ago.  Coming around a hairpin curve, we met this SUV filled with some obviously "impaired" occupants.  There was no room to pass, so we began to back up to a turn-off we had passed about 100 yards down the road.  The clowns in the SUV started whooping, and the driver began gunning his engine and playing "charge-and-stop" with our automobile.  

My wife calmly asked, "Do you have one of your guns in your pocket?"  

"Yes, Darling, I have the Rohrbaugh," I replied.  

"Good," she said.

We reached the turn-off and backed in.  By that time, the Rohrbaugh was in my hand but still out of sight.  The driver of the SUV stopped and surveyed the situation through the fog surrounding his brain.  Whatever he saw he apparently did not like, for he suddenly put his vehicle back in gear and simply drove away.

It is my belief that there is a certain aura which surrounds a well-armed man.   And a 9mm Rohrbaugh in the hand surely helps to keep things calmly in perspective.

RS

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 10:33:15 PM »
[size=13] And a 9mm Rohrbaugh in the hand surely helps to keep things calmly in perspective.[/size]

Richard - I think so too - and I am sure there is an ''aura'' around an armed person .... not exactly ''oozing'' confidence but maybe some sorta detectable calm, even in the face of possible adversity ..... I'll bet it does show - certainly as compared with someone unarmed who maybe radiates the ''victim'' aura!

rWt ....... well, to be honest, right now, the R9s IS primary carry ...... and pocket just does fine.  So much so I can see this becoming a total habit!  I do however have a belt slide rig too which Kevin made for me and I'll not be surprised if this does not go into use a lot once summer starts to fade out.

The other set-up I envisage is, even when SP-101 back in place ... the pup will frequently be in pocket as BUG.
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 11:14:29 PM »
Chris:

Only two times in my life have I ever been "washed and hung out to dry."  Both times were in Africa in the early 1990's.  The first was in the Liberian civil war and the second was in post-coup Nigeria.  Each time I was unarmed.  I doubt that I projected any kind of aura in either situation other than my usual "silver-tounged-but-in-your-face" attitude.  I have replayed both situations in my mind countless times, and I always come back to the conclusion that, if I had been armed with even a modestly effective handgun, the result would have been entirely different.  As a result, I have vowed never again to go unarmed into "harm's way" and to be armed at all times when it is legal for me to be so.  

In that regard, the R9s is addictive.

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Bandit

Re: I'm dying over here!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 11:37:59 PM »
It is my belief that there is a certain aura which surrounds a well-armed man.

DDGator, this double-secret probation is killing me!  Can I get a short furlough?  8)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:43:44 PM »
Richard .. 10:4!!

[size=13] double-secret probation[/size]

Hmmm .. must be missing something - not following that!!
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline shelb

• Expert
Re: I'm dying over here!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 11:58:47 PM »

DDGator, this double-secret probation is killing me!  Can I get a short furlough?  8)

Animal House.
Gotta admit, that was pretty funny.  :)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2004, 10:47:31 AM »
Yeah, Bandit can be darn funny.  I got the Animal House thing too.  

Be careful Bandit, you might wind up being a productive member of the forum!  ;)

I already have a K&D Belt defender ready to try, as well as a few generic IWB type holsters for small autos.  If the IWB works out, I will have Kevin make me one of his "Blackhawk" IWBs that he has prototyped for the R-9 -- kind of like a "Summer Special" sort of design.  Sometimes I just want some room in my pockets.  Plus, IWB is a little easier for accessing while driving.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com