Author Topic: Good deal on a early Farmingdale.  (Read 1710 times)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Good deal on a early Farmingdale.
« on: December 12, 2021, 11:17:09 AM »
Well herself has gotten tired of seeing my R9 sitting on the credenza when I empty the pockets for the day.  Decided she wants one.  Being particularly attached to both of mine I started a search to see what is out there on the market these days and found this one.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/918068535

Since she has not shot mine, and I kinda insist she does before we consider a purchase, I thought I would put it up here for all to check out and comment on.

With no bids, figure it might be relisted if it doesn't sell and might make a bid later this week.

What do you guys think? 

If it sells, might put a want-to-buy ad on here and try to get one with at least one extra magazine.  Don't need a collectable version, box, paperwork, just a solid carry piece for her purse.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Good deal on a early Farmingdale.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 01:50:36 PM »
There are a few questions I would have in buying an R9 second hand and sight unseen:

1. How many rounds have been fired, approximately.
2. Does it have a cracked slide.
3. Are there chatter marks on the inside of the barrel.

This one doesn't appear to be in the serial no. bracket of those problems but I would at least try to verify it. The only thing that I see on this one are some holster marks on the trigger guard. The opening price seems quite reasonable but Eric has spoken at length on the forum regarding the improvement features of later models.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 06:40:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice tracker.

I'm going to send the seller a message after I finish this.

Not concerned about the holster wear and will replace the springs if we get it.

I am concerned about the absolute 'need' for the later improvements as I don't want a failure prone gun (Not that my slightly later Deer Park has had any issues.) as it will be a daily carry.

Appreciate the advice.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2021, 09:58:11 AM »
It sold.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 11:06:59 AM »
Been busy and missed this one!  Well bought at that amount!  wow.

Looking over the photographs, it appears to have been a safe queen. It looks literally unfired other than by me at the shop when I test fired it.  Those carbon fiber grips are worth a few dollars also. 

A friend of mine was looking for one of these. I'm so sorry I missed this sale!  ugh!

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2021, 08:17:57 PM »
Those Blue CF Grips are beautiful.  I guess no one here got it?