Author Topic: 9/11 Commission Report  (Read 3111 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
9/11 Commission Report
« on: August 08, 2004, 01:18:01 AM »
I am sure you all know that the 9/11 Commission Report is available in soft cover just about anywhere.  The price is very reasonable -- $10.

I bought it for a long plane flight, suspecting it could be a sleep aid if nothing else.  I was very impressed with the writing -- it reads a lot like a novel.  Its a very good read and contained a lot of info I had never heard.

The first chapter is a chilling account of the hi-jackings.  A later chaper is a detailed account of the aftermath of the impacts on the towers and the pentagon.  All of the President's movements are explained.

In between there is a lot of background info on Islamic terrorism, Bin Laden, and the planning of the 9/11 attacks.  It ends with the Commission's recommendations.

I recommend everyone read it.  It is worthwhile.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: 9/11 Commission Report
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 05:40:57 PM »
I hope it is better than the articles describing it indicate.

I haven't read it yet, but as I understand it, they claimed that there was no evidence of Saddam Hussein aiding Al-Quaida even though they found regular contacts between the two (what do they think they were doing, having tea together?) and the proposed solution is to add another level of bureaucracy.

Here's a link to some additional information on the subject:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39025
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: 9/11 Commission Report
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 12:08:23 AM »
Bill,

My comments were primarily direted to the comprehensiveness and the extreme "readability" of the report.  So far I have spent most of my time reading the detailed accounts of the attacks and responses on 9/11.  I haven't gotten throught all the recommendations yet -- and have no real comment on that at this point.

It did once again fill me with real admiration and respect for all the Americans invovled -- particularly the heros of Flight 93.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com