Author Topic: 2nd Trip to Range  (Read 12188 times)

Offline riffraff

• Master
Re: 2nd Trip to Range
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 07:47:09 PM »

mdfili,

You hit upon some truths in your last post.  Purhaps the 9mm is just to much for a gun this small.  That is the whole enchelada in a nutshell IMO.  There are lots of small guns out there and some of them even function better than the R9.  Trouble is they ain't 9mm.

After a long search, I found 2 readily available rounds that function 100% in my guns.  I know that most expect a 1K handgun to be perfect but the fact is the R9 is a race horse and you can't treat it like you would a plow horse.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »

My last few days of research and discussion with true experts reveal that these guns are in fact well known for their poor design and poor reliability. A local expert actually gave his away because it was so bad.

midfli:

By my count you've started this discussion on three different threads, so it's hard to keep up. I've already posted on one:

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=R9S;action=display;num=1206965061#8

I reply here, with all due respect, to inquire if any of the "true experts" you have consulted and to whom you refer in your comment might have published their credentials and opinions on the R9 for comparison with those of other commentators who have reviewed the piece in the available literature.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 09:22:46 PM »
I would like to be accquainted with your local friend and expert that gives away Rohrbaugh's and .380 Seecamp's.... ;D
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline Jack Foulard

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 10:20:03 PM »
I would like to be accquainted with your local friend and expert that gives away Rohrbaugh's and .380 Seecamp's.... ;D

Me too!

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »
Pick me! Pick me!
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 10:23:16 AM »
Also me!!!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kanuist

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
mdfili,

I'll add something that hasn't been mentioned.  Even though the R9 came oiled from the factory, I would suggest cleaning it before you fire it.

I'm sure it was put together properly at the factory, but if you disassemble, clean, oil and reassemble it yourself; you know it is put together properly.  I consider this a MUST DO to every gun before you fire it!

It would also be great if the R9 would take any ammo made, but it likes quality ammo.  I have other guns that have their ammo preferences too.

After the local shop checks it out and you still don't like it.  I'll give your pup a loving home!
Join the Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network
http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
It appears that "mdfili" first registered with the Forum on March 31, 2008, posted 11 messages (6 of which seem to have been deleted), with all 5 remaining messages being critical of the R9's design and performance. His last remaining post is dated April 5, 2008, which will be one year ago tomorrow. He didn't even say good-bye.    ;)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:31:04 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
Oh, well; sometimes, one wonders about the real agenda in
deals like this one. Quite often, there are other issues beneath
the surface.

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
How fun to see my range reports from when I was a brand new shooter with a brand new Pup! Kind of good to remember how much fun I had.

I remember that guy dumping his negativity in my thread. Cooooooooorey had him pegged right from the start.

Rick
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:16:54 PM by RickP »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »
Yes, and I was really looking forward to learning from the published works of those "true experts" upon whose accumulated wisdom he based his conclusions.    ::)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2009, 10:18:09 PM »
I have sold over 350 of these R9s and only 2 of them had problems. They were sent back and fixed. Since the new springs have come no problems at all. The design is a good one based on these results. Also I have women customers who have no problems either. Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2009, 11:03:55 PM »
Yes, and I was really looking forward to learning from the published works of those "true experts" upon whose accumulated wisdom he based his conclusions.    ::)

Richard, You are to be commended for seeking wisdom while others meerly hoped for a free gun  ;).

Tom, That is quite a record. Wonder how many other firearms could match it?

Rick

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
the only other outfit I know of is Seecamp.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
Hey RickP.  A little humor was involved in the "free gun" thing!
Sorry if it rubbed you the wrong way!!  

Ken
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln