Author Topic: Anyone try a DeSantis Yaqui Holster for R9 Fit?  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Bill_in_TX

Anyone try a DeSantis Yaqui Holster for R9 Fit?
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
I'm interested in one of the DeSantis Yaqui holsters for my R9, but can't seem to get a decent answer from DeSantis CS.   They show one model as applicable to a range of Kahrs and Keltecs, but not the R9.  Their CS answer was just something like "we don't list it as for that gun and the only ones we reference are proprietary to Rohrbaugh, so you'd have to buy one there".

Aside from the fact that Rohrbaugh doesn't stock that model, nor any other in left-hand I can't help but think that there's a little collusion at work.

So, anyone try one?  

Offline Preston5280

Re: Anyone try a DeSantis Yaqui Holster for R9 Fit
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »
I don't know about that particular holster but the comparison chart on this link may help.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=171820

If they have one for the P3AT or LCP, they are slightly smaller dimensions but I bet you could get it to stretch a little for a good fit.

Offline Bill_in_TX

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:33:19 PM »
Preston,

Thanks for that link.  It will help a good deal, as the yaqui-style paddle holsters have a good range of adjustment (2 different tension screws alongside the trigger guard).  I just needed to find one that would get down to the size of the Rohrbaugh.

The chart also confirmed my collusion suspicions.  DeSantis lists fit for KelTecs that are actually a bit smaller than the Rohrbaugh and the same holster for Kahrs that are a bit bigger.  It's clear that their holster will adjust to accomodate the size range, but they're not admitting it.

Offline Preston5280

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 03:00:51 PM »
I think most holsters are fitted using a blue-gun. I'd imagine finding a Rohrbaugh blue-gun is impossible, so they probably don't want to confirm anything if they haven't checked it themselves.

Offline Bill_in_TX

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 07:06:03 PM »
With almost any other holster maker I'd buy the Blue Gun logic.  However, DeSantis makes most of the holsters that Rohrbaugh sells so they certainly have the means to know if it fits.