Author Topic: Bear Creek Holsters IWB  (Read 6979 times)

Offline slimjim

Bear Creek Holsters IWB
« on: March 16, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
I was searching for an iwb holster for my newly aquired Rohrbaugh.  I am very particular about ride height of guns I carry iwb.  I contacted Doug at Bear Creek Holsters and asked if he would be willing to make me a custom holster that would ride lower than standard with neutral cant for appendix carry.  Doug immediately called me to discuss it and said no problem.  One week later i received this holster and he nailed it!   Liked it so much, I subsequently placed another order for the same iwb for my Kahr P380 & Seecamp.  Here a few pics...

http://www.bearcreekholsters.com/

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Bear Creek Holsters IWB
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »
Nice looking holster.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 09:52:09 PM »
slimjim.  I like Bear Creek as well.  Just found out about them last week; really nice.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Carter

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
I don't have that particular holster, but I have a similar one, and I don't wear it IWB very much.

Something you might want to try is to slip it into the right front pocket of your tattered edge jeans (just like I wear  :) ) and slip the clip over the edge of the pocket.
That keeps it up where you can get to it and it's more comfortable than wearing it inside your pants.
Plus, I find that it stays drier in hot weather because I don't normally sweat into my pockets.  ::)

I find that it conceals really well in the front jeans pocket under ANY loose fitting t-shirt or any shirt worn outside your pants, and again, it's really comfortable and easy to get to as well.
That's become my most common way of carrying the R9 except for those few times when I need or want to tuck in the shirt.
Then, I just change to IWB mode.

Offline slimjim

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:01:58 PM »
I don't have that particular holster, but I have a similar one, and I don't wear it IWB very much.

Something you might want to try is to slip it into the right front pocket of your tattered edge jeans (just like I wear  :) ) and slip the clip over the edge of the pocket.
That keeps it up where you can get to it and it's more comfortable than wearing it inside your pants.
Plus, I find that it stays drier in hot weather because I don't normally sweat into my pockets.  ::)

I find that it conceals really well in the front jeans pocket under ANY loose fitting t-shirt or any shirt worn outside your pants, and again, it's really comfortable and easy to get to as well.
That's become my most common way of carrying the R9 except for those few times when I need or want to tuck in the shirt.
Then, I just change to IWB mode.

I've got a pocket holster for that....  ;D

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 11:23:26 PM »
That looks much better.  I'm looking for a holster and that could be it.  I'm not a fan of another maker mentioned  in the forum that some seem to like but I do notice not a lot of people making stuff for Rohrbaugh.
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 06:44:58 AM »
A lot of times you need to call some different holster manufactures, and ask them if they make a holster for the PUP. Some don't offer the info on the website.

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 04:30:16 PM »
A lot of times you need to call some different holster manufactures, and ask them if they make a holster for the PUP. Some don't offer the info on the website.

You are absolutely right.   Kramer does make holsters for the R9S and he doesn't list it.   I asked him to see after I saw an auction for one.  He confirmed that he does.   His holster is very similar to the one shown in that it is more of a below the inside of the wasteband style.   I don't think I would wear it pointed down at that area of my body as the picture shows but that is probably just for the visual to demo the height.

I am reminded by that position of a friend now deceased who used to build custom 1911's down in Prescott AZ.   An illegal broke into his shop one day and stole several guns including a very expensive officer's size .45ACP with a titanium frame and a Damascus slide.   A couple of days later this illegal and his girl friend were driving down the highway and as people from south of the border are known to do, he had it cocked and locked and just stuck in his waste band in front very similarly.    This thief and his girlfriend apparently got to horsing around in the front seat and pistol discharged much to their surprise making of him a eunich with transexual tendencies.  The pistol ended up being returned to the victim by the AZ State Troopers.   We both thought that justice was served in a better way than any prosecution could have accomplished.   ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 05:10:45 PM »

That is one way to uncock it.

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »

Did you really say that....?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 05:13:56 PM »

But not a good way!    ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 05:35:41 PM »

Maybe he would have survived if he had been carrying a Sig with a decocker.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 05:53:16 PM »
Maybe he would have survived if he had been carrying a Sig with a decocker.

He did survive, just in a bad way!    ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 05:53:38 PM by kjtrains »