Author Topic: A great morning spent at the Civic Center today!!  (Read 3369 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
A great morning spent at the Civic Center today!!
« on: August 11, 2004, 12:28:01 AM »
A very impressive event with a very impressive man...

I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
Re: A great morning spent at the Civic Center toda
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:31:44 PM »
I wish my Wife and I could have been there with you.  
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:45:58 PM »
Great photos!  I also wish I could have been there.  

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:49:47 PM »
I've always regarded President Bush with respect.  But when you see how he truly interacts with the crowd in person, you gain a deeper understanding of his genuine level of caring and love for the American people.  Rather than walk through the covered entrance with his Secret Service detail, he surprised the 10,000 person audience by entering the Civic Center on the second level and walked down through the crowd to the podium.  The SS detail was present, but it was obvious that they had been instructed to "hang back" while he walked down the steps alone, shaking hands and greeting his supporters.

Appearing in rolled up shirt sleeves and no tie (or coat -- or body armour), gave the atmosphere that he was just "one of us" coming to hang out and chat.

If this man isn't re-elected for a second term, it will be a sad day for America, people of principles, and the world.  He may not be the best Orator -- but when engaged in the casual conversation mode, it is impossible not to respect this man for who he is.

One of the comments he made during his opening remarks drew the loudest cheers from the audience.  He said that Laura wished she could have been there -- but had other obligations.  He praised and honored her, and said she was one real good reason to vote for his re-election -- so Laura would continue to be the nation's First Lady.  How true!  I'd rather have a "First Lady" who knows the meaning of the word lady -- and has class.  Otherwise, we may find ourselves with a "First Something" -- but she would be difficult to describe as a lady in my mind.... ;)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 12:16:22 AM by flyandscuba »
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 10:43:21 AM »
 "First Something" -- but she would be difficult to describe as a lady in my mind.... flyandscuba
~~~~~~~~~

She makes Hilary look good...
RJ=