Author Topic: WTB:  Any R9S  (Read 12280 times)

Offline ENitro

Re: WTB:  Any R9S
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »
This is seriously the friendliest and most civil forum I have ever been on.  I have noticed that about most of the gun forums.  Firearms must civilize people.

I will look into the Meco.  The other place I want to carry is while mountain biking, which I do a lot of, in difficult back country terrain, alone mostly.  Any ideas on the best carry method with lycra:o?  I guess I could do open attached to the side of my pack which I always wear.  Lots of sweat involved in this activity which is partly why I want something used and a little pre-beat up.

What would work better, Stealth coating, or SS in this application?

Finally, I did get to fondle a new R9s at the local gun store yesterday (1179+tax and I almost bit.)  Amazing little piece of work, and the trigger felt dreamy smooth after the Glock I am used to.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:57:38 PM by ENitro »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 11:18:46 PM »
An Armed Society Is A Polite Society. ;D
It might be difficult to find a "pre-beat up" pup, most owners are pretty kind to them.
  As far as finish the Stealth will show more of the wear on the slide than the stainless will.
  Good luck in your search.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »
This is seriously the friendliest and most civil forum I have ever been on.  I have noticed that about most of the gun forums.  Firearms must civilize people.

I will look into the Meco.  The other place I want to carry is while mountain biking, which I do a lot of, in difficult back country terrain, alone mostly.  Any ideas on the best carry method with lycra:o?  I guess I could do open attached to the side of my pack which I always wear.  Lots of sweat involved in this activity which is partly why I want something used and a little pre-beat up.

What would work better, Stealth coating, or SS in this application?

Finally, I did get to fondle a new R9s at the local gun store yesterday (1179+tax and I almost bit.)  Amazing little piece of work, and the trigger felt dreamy smooth after the Glock I am used to.

For bike riding/carrying I would recommend a fanny pack conceal carry system. The pack can hold many things as well as the gun and it looks natural on the trails to have one. Perfect fit. Many companies make them.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
If you attach a holster to the pack please be sure that it is secure.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »
I think you carry the gun in the pack!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:08 AM »
You still need a quality holster in or out of the pack. ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:43:59 AM »
Depends on your choice.    :D  Some have them sewn in.    ;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:44:50 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »
 That was why I used the words "Conceal Carry System"  Conceal carry fanny packs have holster built into them with quick access capabilities when needed. I do not recommend using a standard fanny pack. The conceal carry Packs keep the weapon in a separate area so all your other "stuff" does not get in the way.

Chief
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:25:52 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »
I had a friend that sewed a holster on his hiking back pack for his glock 27. He mounted in a way he could reach it without taking the pack off of his back to retrieve the gun. I am sure there are alot of options out there, or you can make your own concealment package. :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »
That was why I used the words "Conceal Carry System"  Conceal carry fanny packs have holster built into them with quick access capabilities when needed. I do not recommend using a standard fanny pack. The conceal carry Packs keep the weapon in a separate area so all your other "stuff" does not get in the way.

Chief

I thought that's how they were made.  Never have seen one.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 10:39:09 AM »
 If you google "Conceal carry fanny pack" you will see a Bazillion of them :)

Chief
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:39:49 AM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Offline ENitro

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2011, 10:44:15 AM »
He mounted in a way he could reach it without taking the pack off of his back to retrieve the gun.

Exactly.  I don't see much point carrying the thing if it is in the pack.  Open carry would be fine in these parts.  It just needs to be very secure, and a little out of the way so I don't fall on it because I do fall, and the ride can be a bit rough at times.

Anyway, it is a pretty dynamic sport.  Maybe an IWB carry would be better, just to the right and in front of the pack?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:47:29 AM by ENitro »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »
WOW!  That is some scary pictures; do you get hurt much, or damage your bike?  You must be very skilled at that, so the answer to both is probably, no.  Continue to be safe.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
Come on kj lets each get us one of those bikes and we can do that on the weekends.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 11:21:20 AM »
I was just thinking that same thing; instead of buying a new gun, we could each get a $2000+ bike.