Author Topic: WTB BROWNING MEDALIST RENAISSANCE  (Read 6910 times)

Offline bytedisk

WTB BROWNING MEDALIST RENAISSANCE
« on: April 26, 2012, 04:40:34 AM »
Want to buy a Browning Medalist Renaissance
Also looking for just Browning Medalist in like new condition.
I know these guns are expensive. I am willing to pay a fair price.

Tanks...

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: WTB BROWNING MEDALIST RENAISSANCE
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58:52 AM »
I have never even heard of them. What are they?

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline bytedisk

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:14:15 AM »
Hi Chief,
They are 22cal target Pistols made in Belgium by Browning.
The Medalist was manufactured between 1962 thru 1974. I think there were about 25,000 made.
There were three styles made:
Medalist - Standard
Medalist - Goldline, had gold inlay. Not sure when they were mfg or how many made. IMHO = ugly
Medalist - Renaissance, lots of engraving. Mfg 1970 thru 1974. 382 made.
Probably more then you wanted to know, lol.
I would have liked to attached some pic's but that is a lil above my skill set with all this. You'll have to goggle them.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:24:09 AM »
Here's a almost like new Medalist on Gunbroker for $1599; looks nice.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=283511042
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:37:08 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline bytedisk

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:03:15 AM »
I agree. The gun appears to be in real good shape. $1600 is getting close to top end for a medalist though. It's a shame that the case had a rough place and they didn't have the case keys or the manual. I'm being very picky with a Medalist right now in hopes a Renaissance comes along. I realize I'll have to pay thousands more for it. I appreciate you looking for me. Don't stop, it's looking like I'm gonna need a lot of help locating a Renaissance. I have to stop buying after the Brownings though. Three weeks ago i bought a R9S for myself, going later today to get wife's Kimber Solo that just came in and ordered two Boberg XR9-S. Told my wife this was our own stimulus program.

Tanks,

byte...

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
In case you find a Medalist you like without a manual, here's a site that has some.  There was a Renaissance on GB listed but didn't sell.  You may try and contact this seller.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=273330825

The manuals:

http://www.commemorativearms.com/factorymanuals.htm
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:33:27 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline bytedisk

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »
WOW, what a cool site, almost anything you'd want for a Browning collection. Hard to believe they still have all that stuff available after all these years. He said he purchased everything left over after production ended. I called and Nick himself answered the phone. He knows several people who own the Renaissace and is being kind enough to contact them to see if there any interest in selling. This is working good, already two good leads this morning. Thanks so much.

byte...

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 12:48:28 PM »
The Medalist is a super nice firearm.  Good luck in your search.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Billmack

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
I've got one I'd be willing to sell. It’s complete with box etc. Just like the one pictured above. I also have a second barrel. I bought both years ago and never fired it. At one point I toyed with the idea of mounting a red dot on the second barrel. I came to my senses and put the gun in my safe before I did something I’m sure I’d regret. I’d sell everything for $1,400.00 delivered to your FFL.

If it’s something you might be interested in, I’ll be happy to get some pictures and supply and needed information.

Best regards,

Bill

PS this is a Medalist not the Renaissance.
Rhode Island

Offline Quiet1

• Expert
  • Zen and the art of R9s
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »
Here's my little Belgium family.  The Medalist was made in 1967;  The 4 ½" Challenger in 1969 and the 6 ½" Challenger in 1972.  The Medalist, it's case, weights, screwdriver and cartridge block are all in excellent condition but alas, it's not a Renaissance.

Good luck with your search.  The Metalist Renaissance does show up for sale on GunBroker more often than you might expect.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:31:35 PM by Quiet1 »
Illegitimus Non Carborundum