Author Topic: Forum  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
Forum
« on: November 02, 2004, 05:18:54 PM »
It seems that this Forum is not being used as much as it should, is there a reason?, should be more conversation btwn R9 owners as this is a New Gun.  There appeared to be alot btwn June and Oct, but has slowed down, just would like to hear any pro's and con's about the Gun since more have been sold and added to the Market place, I just got mine and had it registered today and have not had time to Fire it. I guess the old saying (Use it (Forum) or lose it) could happen to this Forum.

Seems like a Great Site shame to lose it.

Just my (2) cents.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »
Hey Ratzo,

I appreciate the concern, but we aren't going anywhere anytime soon...  ;)

Thanks to the contributions of our members, this board continues to grow and prosper.  In the just over 5 months since this forum started, we have signed up 185+ members and have over 425 topics and over 4,250 posts!

This is clearly THE place for Rohrbaugh info on the web.  Our new FAQ page only makes the info here even more accessible.

Has there been a "lull" in activity in the past few weeks... Maybe.  Postings are down a bit, but actual hits are very high.  A lot of people are reading the info we are assembling here.  

A lot more R-9s have hitt he streets lately and I predict membership here will keep going up and up.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 10:57:18 PM »
DDGator;

Glad to hear about the Forum, thanks for the Reply, also how can I make contributions to help out?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 11:15:50 PM »
Ratzo -- we gratefully accept any donations toward the operating expenses of the board.  PM me if you are interested in helping.  All contributors are designated as such, so as to gain the respect and admiration of their peers!   ;D

Even better would be to purchase some advertising space on the forum -- which helps to generate sustaining income over time -- if you have the need!

Thanks!
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 12:13:40 AM »
Ratzo ... I too have noticed some recent ''lull'' tendency - but hey - as Duane says, we sure do get some hits - the number of times many threads are read is way beyond just our membership.

I don't overall think this is a ''chat'' type forum at all . more a repository for comment, opinion and info . this is thus likely to be sporadic.

We could have zero member activity for a week and it'd not harm the board one bit IMO - folks will still come by and read ... so personally it does not bother me if things go quiet at times.  Add to that I for one am on other boards too - and time is never as spare as would be desired at times .. so - have to share that time around.

Don't go away - everyone should drop by as often as they can . and read even if not posting.

Hope you will enjoy the new ''pup''.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.