Author Topic: Sold Farmingdale R9  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Sold Farmingdale R9
« on: December 08, 2014, 05:02:18 PM »
Unfortunately my health is dictating that I start liquidating certain assets. Going to have to take a trip to Texas in the near future. As a result I am going to be selling several weapons that I have accumulated over the years. I presently own 3 Rohrbaughs. I intend to keep one and sell the other two. The first is a Farmingdale R9, beautiful dark blue Carbon Fiber Grips, dark frame, original paperwork, (less guarantee card), 3 extra springs, one extra slide pin, set of extra grip screws and two magazines. Do not have original cardboard box. If there was more than  6 or 7 round put down the tube I would be surprised, if any. Rail show a tiny bit of wear, maybe from test firing not sure. It is in pristine condition, not a mark on frame, slide or magazines. Serial no. R221. I believe that this may have come through a fairly notable dealer in Alaska. Price $1700, I will pick up shipping to FFL and insurance. Attached a few pictures can do more. Email phsimone@comcast.net. I am in Florida for anyone interested for face to face.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:00:46 AM by Phsimone »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: FS Farmingdale R9
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 05:53:45 PM »
Where in Florida?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 06:23:48 PM »
Stuart area

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 07:29:17 AM »
No comments? No offers? Guess I will re-establish my account at gun broker. Would prefer not to as I would rather it stay within this community. But gotta do what you gotta do.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 08:02:38 AM »
The only time I have ever sold anything of value, is on GunBroker. It has a much broader audience. I think that The Rohrbaugh Forum is good for selling inexpensive items. JMO. Good luck!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »
The only time I have ever sold anything of value, is on GunBroker. It has a much broader audience. I think that The Rohrbaugh Forum is good for selling inexpensive items. JMO. Good luck!

True of about all Forums in my experience.  The only way things seem to sell is if they are below market value.  People prefer privacy in their dealings.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »
Well, I have sold several pieces on this forum that were on the upper end of pricing including an Elite. I did include my email address for those who would rather keep things in private. So, whatever, I also have a generic R9 two tone that I was going to place on this site that has had fifty rounds put through it and includes a set of yankee mag. extensions, also have another pair of mag extensions in the safe. Going to keep my stealth.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »
I also have a Stealth, and by far they are my favorite. They seem to be the favorite of a lot of the members on here. I know that for CC it hides the best, but I think that it goes a lot further than that. When I first saw the Stealth on the Rohrbaugh website, my first reaction was that I had to have it. And yet, I prefer stainless handguns. Go figure.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:14:37 AM »
Yes, my Stealth is one of three primary carry pieces. Will pass down to my son.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Re: FS Farmingdale R9 price reduction
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 10:45:46 AM »
One time only price reduction, while I find the time to register with GB,  Farmingdale R221 $1400+ shipping. Includes extra slide pin, grip screws, 3 springs, all paperwork less guarantee card. If more pictures require please ask, thanks for looking. Would much rather this goes to a member.
Phil

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 05:29:39 PM »
Good price for a basically unused Farmie!  I just don't need another safe queen and a collector or invested needs this one.  Good luck with the sale and with your health issue.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis