Author Topic: Hello, my name is Tom and I'm.......  (Read 6194 times)

Offline Thomasconnor

Hello, my name is Tom and I'm.......
« on: November 30, 2016, 09:46:52 AM »
Hello, my name is Tom and I'm suddenly an R9 fan! I've been reading here for years.

I've pocket carried for many years and always wanted an R9 after my failed Seecamp experiment five years ago. My hands are too big for the little blowback beast and my trigger finger nearly crippled by the inside of the trigger guard; well perhaps not that bad but I couldn't shoot for a couple weeks afterwards. Being a smart guy, I only tried it twice with the same painful result, to both hands both times. ::) ::)

So while wanting an R9, I wasn't in a position to fork over the money until recently. There was no where to handle one that might persuade me so I watched the market patiently. I recently came upon an R9S Stealth #5024 and the seller, 2000 miles away, assured me it was reliable and we came to terms.  :) :)

I like the locked breech action, the sloping shape of the slide at the rear, and even the heel release since I'm left handed and don't carry a reload. I've had pocket guns (with side mag release) in the left front pocket drop the mag because I leaned against something and hit the button. All my side mag releases have been ground flat and still (rarely) release inadvertently; well that's no longer a concern!

On reliability,........ wait I need something for the R9 forum so that's it for now...thanks...Tom

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
Re: Hello, my name is Tom and I'm.......
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 10:24:42 AM »
A beautiful example you have there. Welcome!

Offline CaptBW

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 03:20:40 PM »
Welcome aboard.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 05:56:56 PM »
Welcome aboard Tom and Thank You for purchasing an R9 Pistol. Should you have any questions, feel free to ask here as many of the forum members are spot on with the design. If something really stumbles folks, I'm here to help you Sir.

Continue to read around here as there are many great posts and discussions to read.

Stay well ~ Stay safe ~ and once again..... Welcome aboard!

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 03:29:37 PM »
Welcome to the forum. 

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »
And welcome from North Florida.  Shoot well, shoot often.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:49:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum!!
I hope you enjoy yourself and have a great time!
B
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »
Welcome from sunny Gulf Coast Florida!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!