Author Topic: First post  (Read 1176 times)

grandpa

First post
« on: September 22, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
  I have been lurking here for awhile. I ordered a new R9S this week. It should arrive in a few days, can't wait. While I was at the gun store arranging for the transfer I picked up a box of Gold Dots. When  I got home I noticed they were 147 grain rather than 115 or 124. Can anyone tell me if they will work well in the R9? Thanks in advance.

Offline jarcher

• Master
Re: First post
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:17:13 PM »
 I have been lurking here for awhile. I ordered a new R9S this week. It should arrive in a few days, can't wait. While I was at the gun store arranging for the transfer I picked up a box of Gold Dots. When  I got home I noticed they were 147 grain rather than 115 or 124. Can anyone tell me if they will work well in the R9? Thanks in advance.

Thay should work fine.  I use 147gr HPs in mine.  That's my favority 9mm ammo.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 02:39:57 PM »
grandpa,

Welcome to the forum...

You will have to find out on the grain wt. when you fire er up..

I have always had good luck all the way around with 115s,in any brand..

Just my experience,but others do the 124 or the 147s with no problems!! ;D

Please let us know your results..

Once again,
Welcome...

Brenden
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:52 PM »
Grandpa:

And a welcome from me as well!  I hope you are as satisfied with your new R9 as I have been with mine for th past 3 years and 5 months.

As for the ammunition, I've begun regularly carrying 147-grain Remington Golden Sabers in my R9, which has shown no difficulty in digesting the "heavyweights."  When it comes to self-defense ammunition, I've gradually come around to the "big-and-slow" school.  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"