Author Topic: New mag springs  (Read 1166 times)

Offline sigme

New mag springs
« on: October 30, 2007, 11:16:49 AM »
I had a few glitches on my last outing with the R9 so I ordered new mag and recoil springs. After installing the new mag springs I noticed how stiff the new ones were. Also, the new ones were about 2-3 inches longer than the old ones. Were the old ones that worn out or are the new ones a bit longer for added strength? Either way, I'm much more satisfied with the new springs. Do you guys rotate loaded carry mags to prolong spring life? If so, how often? I do on my other carry weapons about every 3-4 months and will with these also, but I'd like to know what others are doing? I was able to change out the recoil spring group with just my hands but I am still having a terrible time with re-installing the takedown pin. Does it fit in only one way or what? I got it in but I HAVE to get one of those tools to hold the slide back.    

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: New mag springs
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 05:20:43 PM »
Sigme:

I rotate magazines twice a year when I change my clocks. I also use the reminder to change out the batteries in my smoke alarms and in the electronic lock on my gun safe. All of which means it's about that time again.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"