Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

First time out -- major problems

(1/3) > >>

Joe_R:
Today was my first time out w/ my new RS9.  Just about every other round wouldn't fire.  After one or two extra pulls it would fire.  This happened for the entire 100 round box I put through it.  

Also, the slide jammed several times.  I suspect it was the ejector not working properly.  

Needless to day, I am very disappointed.  I didn't think I could go wrong w/ this gun.

Anyone have a similar experience or any suggestions.  Obviously, I'm going to to call Rohrbaugh tomorrow to discuss sending it back for repair.  Given all the good postings I've read, I think maybe I just got a lemon.  

Slick:
What ammo were you using and are saying you had light primer strikes?  I haven't had any problems with quality SD ammo, but did have 2 light primer strikes with some cheap Magtech ammo.

Joe_R:
Sellier-Bellot.  It was cheap but I have used it in my XD before w/o any problem.  

Slick:
I'd run it again, with some higher end ammo to confirm the issues and make notes before sending it back first.  All mechanical devices can fail, but I just haven't heard of many on here.

Joe_R:
Thanks Slick.  I'll try another 100 rounds of something better next weekend.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version