Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

How many bullets through your pup?

(1/2) > >>

nalim:
I just bought myself a R9S for Christmas and have already put about 660 rounds through it. I absolutely love firing this gun. I hear much chatter on this site that this is not a plinking gun. Should I reign it in a bit or should I let the pup bark? How many rounds do You have through your gun?

sslater:
nalim,
First, welcome to the forum.  Lots of good information is available here.  And the forum members are gentlemen.

To answer your question, you're shooting schedule is a bit heavy.  

My R9s was built and shipped in July, 2005.  I have put a total of 1400 rounds thru it with one trip back to Rohrbaugh at 1,000 rounds.  (Cracked slide - replaced & returned in less than two weeks.)

Karl Rohrbaugh characterizes the R9 as a "Carry a lot - shoot a little" firearm.  He recommended I shoot mine less - simply because it's an early serial # with carbon fiber grips.  Don't get me wrong, Rohrbaugh stands behind their guns 100%, but the R9 isn't meant to be a 'range warrior'.  

I have several .40 S&W pistols that are made for heavy service, so they are the guns that get lots of rounds thru them.  The R9S gets two mags per range session.  If you don't have another pistol to shoot a lot - there's your rationale for buying one!  
Hey, I think I just talked myself into buying that Ruger SR9.

Steve

CaptBW:
I know of one R9s (not mine) that is approaching 7000 rounds without a hiccup.

theirishguard:
I have a customer that has over 5,000 rds thru it no problem ever.   Tom

DTM_39:
nalim,  If you change the recoil springs on a regular basis,  (you should be on your 4th spring. The pup will bark a long time.  Keep it lubed and it will serve you well.  That being said, Mine is 4 years old and I have the same round count as you.  Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version