Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Rohrbaugh Range Reports

Problem at the range with my R9

(1/2) > >>

backupr9:
Went to the range with my son, visiting for the weekend during his two weeks at FLETC.  He had trouble getting the trigger to reset...I though it was his grip (large hands) as his thumb impinged the slide a bit, but then it happened during dry firing.  I fired 6 rounds without a problem, then reloaded and had the same experience.  All grip screws were tight and lubrication was fine.  Likely cause ? Trigger spring?

MRC:
I would start by carefully removing the right grip and see if there were any apparent problems with the spring being off or the drawbar being out of place.

backupr9:
Thanks, will be cleaning it today, so will remove grips and do a "deep" clean this time.  Had it at the range just two weeks ago and it did fine...cleaned and tightened grip screws afterwards (I use EEZOX).  I've never experienced this before with either of the R9's.

ECR:
Try removing the right hand grip panel. . . . . clean the area. . . . make sure the trigger/sear bar moves freely on the trigger's post for the bar . . . . put a skin coat of oil on the inside of the grip panel where the bar rides against. That should do the trick.

backupr9:
Thank you Eric, will do.  My son is leaving to go back to FLETC as we speak, so I'll get to it tomorrow.  I don't feel right when my EDC acts up...my "safe space" feels less safe!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version